new workout help( prime and recreate)

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.15%

new workout help( prime and recreate)

being doing a three day and getting great success. I am running prime and recarete so i am looking to take total advantage of these prodcuts.
    My old workout was monday-chest and light tri(one set 25reps)
    tuesday-cardio abs
    wed-back and shoulders
    thursday-off
    friday-legs and arms

I was thinking about going with....
    mon-chest
    legs-tuesday
    wed-back/shoulders
    thursday-cardio
    friday-ARMS before the weekend!

Any advice will be much appreciated.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.7%

ill give you three that worked great for me. .

Mass and rest. short hard wourkouts, great for mass and getting enough rest
    day 1: chest/ biceps
    day 2:rest
    day 3: back/ triceps
    day 4: rest
    day 5: shoulders/traps
    day 6:rest
    day 7: legs
    day 8 rest.

lean mass, again short workouts, not as much rest but still enough
    day 1: chest
    day 2: back
    day 3: rest
    day 4: shoulders/traps
    day 5: arms/ forearms
    day 6: legs/ calves
    day 7: rest

leaning out/keeping gains. i use this workout to lean out and keep my gaines from my bulk. i do cardio after everyworkout. for the first week i do 20 min, the second week i do 30 min, the fourth week and on i do 40 min.

day 1: chest/ forearms
    day 2: back/ calves
    day 3: rest
    day 4: shoulders/ traps/ abs
    day 5: arms/ forearms
    day 6: legs/ calves
    day 7: rest

if you want to keep what youve got heres some suggestions

mon-chest
    legs-tuesday ( i wouldnt do legs before back, hams are involved in some back exercises and if you do lat pulldowns your leg pain may get in the way. not an overall good bodypart to work before back.)
    wed-back/shoulders ( if you wanted to do back and shoulders just do back and reardelt since rear delt is already being worked. save some energy for your front and rear delt, maybe throw in some trap work this on shoulder day)
    thursday-cardio ( try doing cardio first thing, or right after a workout, it takes your body 20 min to get into fat burning mode and if you do it after your workout you should already be there)
    friday-ARMS before the weekend ( just make sure your tris arent still sore on monday for chest!!!)

hope this helped man
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.15%

thanks ricky... i like to do shoulder and back on the same day for the reason you gave above about the rear delt being worked so i was thinking about doing workout what do you think..
    mon-chest
    tuesd-back/shoulers
    wed-legs
    thursday-rest/cardio and abs (depending on college workload and overall feel)
    friday-pound the arms before the weekend and maybe do a light set of incline bench
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.51%

just make sure you are incorporating squats and deadlifts.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.7%

Quote Originally Posted by at1010 View Post
    thanks ricky... i like to do shoulder and back on the same day for the reason you gave above about the rear delt being worked so i was thinking about doing workout what do you think..
    mon-chest
    tuesd-back/shoulers
    wed-legs
    thursday-rest/cardio and abs (depending on college workload and overall feel)
    friday-pound the arms before the weekend and maybe do a light set of incline bench
    sounds good, id leave out the incline bench on arm day thats already going to be a long workout and chest is your next bodypart after arms so its too close to that day. other than that i might throw in a rest day after back or after legs, something that gives you a break in there. im so sore after every workout i wish i could take a rest day after each one. you want to make sure your bodies getting enough rest. growing is done on your couch, in you bed, or at the movies when your resting, not in the gym. good routine so far. what are you lifts looking like for your days??
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.15%

monday- i do a flat bench maybe 5x5 or 10,8,6,4 and then i do a burnout or negative set. Then i got to incline barbell and do 3 to 4 sets sometimes heavy or light depending on my previous flat bench sets. Then do 2 light sets on dcline(not my fav). After that i will go to dbs. If i did heavy on flat bench then i will go to incline for DBs if i do heavy on Incline i will do heavy on DBs for flat bp. I will also to dips,cables, flys
    wed- back and shoulders. I will do shoulder press(varies between dbs and barbell), then i do rows, several plate back machines. They are similar to rows. I will also do overhand grip pulls with the barbell and i burnout on most exercises. for shoulders i do plate raises,up right rows, some isolated db lifts for shoulder, and arnolds. This is not the exact order.
    leg/arm day- i do heavy squat, sl deadlift, leg extensions,leg curls, for arms i do close grip and then several supersets and other variations untill i feel my arms are well pumped and worked.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.7%

not a bad start. here are some suggestions

on chest day less is more, atleast for me. pick three lifts and concetrate on building those up. if you do 6-7 lifts you just wearing youself down and not really getting better at those lifts. if you only have three lifts, its easier to improve them weak by week and easier to add mass. also, always start with incline, the upper chest needs to be prioritised so do inclines first. i wouldnt do more then 3 sets per expercise

my chest routine goes like this: bench ( i bench half on the bench with my ass off down towards to floor like when doing a dumbell pullover, this way i open up my rib cage and hit my upper pecs even on a flat bench) them hammer strength incline, then heavy pec dec and im done. i only do one working set per lift.

you could do something like, incline BB or DB, then flat BB or DB, then finish with some weighted dips, cable crossovers or flys. just pick three

for back and shoulder day, start with back, its a bigger muscle group and it wouldnt be wise to do shoulders first.

for mine i do, one arm reverse grip la pull down, bent reverse grip/close grip BB rows, old school t-bar, then i finish off with some rack pulls

you could start with some pull ups or lat pull downs, then head over and do some bent rows, then t-bar and id suggest trying out some rack pulls, theyve added so much width to my back.

then id transition into some reverse pec dec or bent raises. id hit the front delt and side delt ona different day

for front delt and side delt i do BB militarypress, side laterals and wide grip upwright rows,

you could try the same, arnolds work fine however i am not a fan.

for legs, your routine looks good so far.

and for arms dont over do it, they get worked on chest day, they get worked on back day, they get worked on shoulder day and then they get worked again on arm day. id only do three exercises each max. biceps wide grip BB curls, some incline db curls and some preacher curls work nice

for triceps heres my secret, use a v-grip bar from the seated row and put it on the tricep pull down. it works your triceps sooo much more then regualr pushdowns. then some over head Db ext. and some reverse cable extentions.

hope that wasnt too confusing haha
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.15%

ricky hit me up with an example youd use for a chest day as far as sets and excersises and put them in order when you get the chance! THanks
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.15%

ricky man i am looking for a 4 to 5 day of the week workout without going on weekends. What do you think? i am doing chest,legs,shoulders/back, off, arms, then two days of rest...you think that is ok?
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.7%

yeah man sounds good
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.15%

and i am going to try your chest day on monday and let you know how it goes....
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.7%

make sure you go heavy and hard and keep your form on POINT

Similar Forum Threads

1. prime and recreate?
    By at1010 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 04:59 PM
  2. Recreate, Prime, and AP added to PCT?
    By gibsonj4 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 09:55 AM
  3. Prime, AP, HGC, Recreate + Activate xtreme log
    By alvin1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 09:06 PM