All those paid programming workout machines, do they work?

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Simply put i know 99.9% of them dont work i was just whatching one as we type this the contour core scuplting system which basically is a belt that tightens your abs where you can lose 11 pounds!!!! I see countless ads a day for similiar products and i just there no way in hell these could work? Right?:dunno: ANyone have any personal expeirence buying something from an ad maybe you didnt buy it but a loved one gave it to you for a holiday or something.

So let lose bash, hate, love all those products you see on tv lol.

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
yes that would definately work to some degree.(contours.)

thats resistance training and the techniques used hit muscles a bit differently.

now i would say there gonna get you huge but would def. get you stronger.

if i had one of them, which i would love to have, i would use it after 6 months str8 in the gym. and use that for about 2 months then hit the gym again.
this would more than likely confuse the hell outa your muscles and major gains would come.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
If you research any of those items/products, you will find that it states that those results are NOT typical, also, you will find a diet program that comes with them.

The diet they have you on is more than .75 of the cause of any weight loss, major loss that is. When I was 19, I bought some crap made by Bruce Jenner. It was similar to a solo-flex. I worked out and got pumped when using it. The machine said 190 for bench and I was tearing it up, so I thought.
One day I worked out with a friend using free weights. I got under 180, thinking that maybe the bands weren't accurate to some degree on my machine...one of thise "just in case" moments. The 180 on the free weights almost killed me...i could not budge it off of my chest. This after using my "flex" system and pushed what the machine said was 190 ... I then found out that I could barely get 170 5 times as where I got "190" on my machine 4 times...do they work?

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
To some degree these things work mostly the ones that are basic and dont try to be unique but i saw one the other day which im sure you have seen is the dumbell for woman that all you do is shake your arm and you get an "intense" Workout i find that fairly hard to believe but hey people will buy it.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
To some degree these things work mostly the ones that are basic and dont try to be unique but i saw one the other day which im sure you have seen is the dumbell for woman that all you do is shake your arm and you get an "intense" Workout i find that fairly hard to believe but hey people will buy it.
I'd imagine that may work, hell, I know many guys who have one wrist and hand stronger than the other. We have to blame puberty for this, lol.

JuveCalcio

JuveCalcio

Awards
My ma got an Ab Lounge a few years ago or whenever they first came out and I started using it and saw results pretty quickly. Doing the like full crunch then half crunch i forgot what they are actually called, but that is always still good. I loved it. Also great for stretching :) haha

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i have a total gym, and its great when i can't get to my gym. will it make me bigger, no way in hell (i've tried replacing my gym with it). will it keep me from loosing gains if say i'm stuck at home for a week - yes. can i cut effectively using it, yes. no way does it replace what i need a gym for however.

drvinnybombat

Awards
I'd almost universally say forget the stuff and join a gym. But I was able to get by at home, and a door frame pull-up bar really made a difference. The problem is that for any time over a few months, you really need an Olympic bar.

I would say to someone with more room than I have...You can get a 95% as good workout with a pull-up bar, olympic bar, and a total gym type device. But being locked alone in your garage while violently pumping out sets will make your life...serial-killerish :burnout:

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
most are rly expensive. ab rollers are the SH!T tho!

ive always wanted to just try out a bowflex. i imagine it would feel just like the cable machines at the gym, tho

BMCLouzee

They work for the time being then your body gets used to the movements. I really don't see any serious bodybuilder finding results from a machine like they sell on TV. For regular chums, maybe. I don't bother with it, personally, but my mom inherited a POS elliptical. The cardio equipment they sell seems legit enough. Just a matter of dedication.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
AB rollers do work i can atest to that it also feels like to me when you use some home equipment or whatever you feel good during and feel like your getting a good workout then next day your not sore whereas that gym the next day your dying.

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
Really bowflex? How come I can curl 95lb of the resistance rods on the bowflex WITH ONE ARM, but I'm only curling 25 free weight right now
It's still providing the necessary resistance. Whether the labels on the rods are accurate or not is irrelevant.

JR07005

JR07005

Awards
I saw an object which made me laugh my ass off. If you'd like a chuckle google the "shake weight"

Watch the videos, and your inner child will be laughing... You'll see why, just look..

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
I saw an object which made me laugh my ass off. If you'd like a chuckle google the "shake weight"

Watch the videos, and your inner child will be laughing... You'll see why, just look..
Get it for your girlfriend. It will help her practice.

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S3C4AC908w"]YouTube- Hilarious Shake Weight Exercise for Women Video[/ame]

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
lmao u have no clue how hard i was laughing at this commercial just now :D

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i think a lot of the home equipment works...but it's the ppl that think they can use home equipment usually aren't the most dedicated ppl in the world...and most of the home equipment isn't built the best..to keep the cost down of course but from what i've seen they can get destroyed quickly if you use them on a regular basis

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
If i were to buy home gym equipment i'd just buy a cage or "squat rack" with olympic bar and weights. I would be able to work out every body part with free weights. It isn't cheap but it's better than wasting money on dumb machines

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Look at the guy towards the beginning doing one-arm cable curls. That's pretty ****ty form. Do they even quality check these things? What type of fitness experts could be involved with this that wouldn't catch simple things like that? It's crazy that there is a company who would actually make this thing. It's crazier that there are actually people who would buy it.

I was joking around with my friends about this commercial. I said they should have packaged a post-workout shake in the product itself so that while you work out, you shake it up, then you know when you're 6 minutes is up when... You get the idea! lol ;)

lilnardey

lilnardey

Awards
  • Established

Saw a commercial on TV for this the other day. It has to be some kind of joke. Its just too much to handle lol

nynone

nynone

Awards
that shake weight is something else. have you heard of the neckline slimmer? now that thing is pathetic. check it out (i think its on youtube), maybe you can find it on google (i'd look, but work hates streaming videos haha).

now, to OP, when it comes to machines for the house, or those home gyms... it ain't worth your money. you get better results, and a better workout from a gym for the same amount of money, and a longer lasting "job well done" feeling about yourself if i had a home gym thingy (whatever you guys want to call it, i just call it bullsh**, or pieace of sh** china scraps), i wouldn't ever feel fully satisfied with the results. i think it's because i know i could have done better with a REAL gym. if you gotta do an at home deal, get all free weights, an olympic bar, and a power cage/squat rack.