my get big/tone up program. advice, suggestions, compliments welcome.

dcf143

Awards
I'm on cycle now. The goal is o increase mass, but also tone up. Both being evenly split 50/50. Thoughts on my the plan below. Exercises that can be done with dumbells or barbells I'll rotate each week, unless someone recommends doing dumbells for x amount of weeks, then switching it over to barbell for x amount of weeks. I just joined a new gym that has all the hammer strength equipment. At my old gym I mostly used all freeweights, little machines. If anyone has experience using some hammer strenght equipment and really loves a certain machine, let me know. Def lef suggestions in regards to my goal, I have alot of free time in the evening and really enjoy going to they gym seven days a week unless the five split below will be counter productive.

Monday: Chest.

Incline bench db or bb: 5 sets, 8 reps
Flat bench db or bb: 5 sets, 8 reps.
Decline: Hammer strength iso lateral press: 5 sets, 8 reps.
Incline flyes: 4 sets, 10 reps super setted with cable crossovers-15 reps after each incline fly set.
Maybe finsih up with some one arm medicine ball one arm pushups to failure.

I used to do alot of weighted dips for decline, but I feel like a need a break from them.

Tuesday: Back

Deadlifts: 5 sets, 8 reps.
Lat pull downs: 5 sets, 8 reps. (switching it up between to the front and to the back) should I also incorporate different handles? if so how, every other week, every 4 weeks?
Seated close grip row: 5 set, 8 reps. (using v handle)
Standing barbell row: 5 sets, 8 reps. (switching overhand/underhand grips on a weekly, monthly basis?)
Dumbell pullovers: 4 sets, 10 reps.

Wednesday: Off/Cardio/abs/some core exercises. whatever i feel like

Thursday: Shoulders

Arnold Press: 5 sets, 8 reps. ( next month I'll switch over to straight dumbell/barbell press)
Upright barbell/dumbell rows: 5 sets, 8 reps.
Front raise: 3 sets, 10reps. ( for all raises i switch up b/t cable, dumbell, barebell and machine use when possible)
Side raise: 3 sets, 10 reps.
Rear raise: 3 sets, 10 reps.

Shrugs:

Barbell: 5 sets, 8 reps. supersetted with behind the back shrugs on the smith machine to failure on every set.
--i also plan to switch up between the hammer strength seated shrug machine and the barbell shrug.

Friday: Arms

Close grip bench press: 5 sets, 8 reps.
Lying tricep extensions on a incline bench. 3 sets, 10 reps. ( i go behind the head and really like the incline becasue my elbows automatically tuck in)
Rope pull downs: 3 sets, 10 reps.
One handed reverse grip pulldowns: 3 sets, 12 reps. ( i effin love doing these for some reason.)

Biceps.

Standing barbell curls. 3 sets, 10 reps.
Dumbell hammer curls 3 sets, 10 reps.
Barbell wide grip curls. 3 sets, 10 reps, followed by superset of close grip curls (ez-bar) 3 sets, 10 reps.

Saturday: some core/cardio/abs.

Sunday: Legs

Squats: 5 sets, 8 reps.
Leg press: 4 sets, 10 reps
Lying seated curl 4 sets, 10 reps
Lying extensions: 4 sets, 10 reps
Hammer strength glute machine: 4 sets, 10 reps.

rckvl7

Awards
  • Established
Meh. You can't get big and "tone up" at the same time. Getting bigger requires eating above maintenance, which also means you will gain a little fat with it. Getting "toned" means getting rid of body fat, which means being in a calorie deficit. The only way I see that happening is if you are on test and some other AAS. Or if you are really fat/untrained. Suffice to say though it's not wise to try to do both at the same time.

Whats your training experience? How much can you lift on the big three? What's your diet like? Do you know your maintenance number?

dcf143

Awards
im on aas. and by get big and tone up, i mean any muscle i put on, i want it to be nice and lean. and yes, i understand getting big and trying to tone are in theory two opposites, but there is a happy medium.

deadlift18

Awards
I put all machines after free weights if i use them and i would go to failure all sets except for warmups. and about putting on muscle and toning in my opinion i would just bulk bulk bulk and then cut later. But whatever works for you.