3 Day starter routine advise and whey question

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
My friend is going to the same college I am and he took a weight training course. It's on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I would be the best starting program for him? He is more on the ecto side. Also, I told him about whey protein, but I wanted to know a good brand. Last time I took whey I got so constipated it felt like I was giving birth. I got the whey at whole foods.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
the cheapest whey you can find my friend. ive used the high dollar stuff for along time and the cheap stuff is just as good. i only stick with the cheapest i can find now, as Ronnie said, "its all the same formula"

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Dymatize is good and cheap. And look at the ectomorph workout. Just search these forums for it.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
the cheapest whey you can find my friend. ive used the high dollar stuff for along time and the cheap stuff is just as good. i only stick with the cheapest i can find now, as Ronnie said, "its all the same formula"
I won't be using whey, but he will. I was just wondering why I got so constipated that one time.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Dymatize is good and cheap. And look at the ectomorph workout. Just search these forums for it.
I have looked at that and posted in there but I just wanted like a good straight forward 3 day routine thats well laid out for him. I do better looking at like a chart that says do this, this day and this that day. That way I can just look at the chart give him the chart and help him with what to do.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking about suggesting a 5x5 program to him, but I don't know of any besides the one at stronglifts.com

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
^ This. I use the Wal-Mart brand. 52g per 2 scoops and it's like $15 for 2 lbs.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking about suggesting a 5x5 program to him, but I don't know of any besides the one at stronglifts.com
Stronglifts is probably even better than starting strength because the exercises are more balanced. I love starting strength, but if you do it make sure you replace the dips in workout a with bent over barbell rows. It then become the perfect program.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another good 5x5 is Bill Starr's 5x5 program

deadlift18

Awards
Basic compound movements such as bench press(flat,incline,decline),deadlifts, pullups, and squats should make up the bulk of it awhile, at least a couple of months. No need for isolation movements until you learn how to correctly do them. Don't just throw around weight.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Basic compound movements such as bench press(flat,incline,decline),deadlifts, pullups, and squats should make up the bulk of it awhile, at least a couple of months. No need for isolation movements until you learn how to correctly do them. Don't just throw around weight.
Yeah I told my friend just to start with compound lifts, but I just wasn't sure of the best well formed routine for him, but I think I'm going to tell him to start doing a 5x5 routine.