Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.64%

Exclamation I need help bad..

So lately everytime I've been going to the gym it seems like my workouts are getting worse and worse. I have less energy because it feels like I'm less motivated to lift because of the fact that I'm not seeing any gains anymore. I've tried switching up my routines too. Nothing has been seeming to work much. Maybe you guys could help me out here, give me some of your workouts to try see how I like em. I haven't been sore in a couple of months it seems.

My goal is to stay cut, I'm not looking to loose my definition. I normally do HIIT training once or twice a week, then I also play soccer once a week after I workout, so that's got me there.

I'm 18.
    152lbs

1RM
    Bench : 225
    Squat: 325
    Deadlift: 300
    If you guys need anymore I'll be happy to post it. Just giving the basics.

So any ideas??

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.79%

You need to allow for yourself to recover and not overtrain if this may have anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JuveCalcio View Post
    So lately everytime I've been going to the gym it seems like my workouts are getting worse and worse. I have less energy because it feels like I'm less motivated to lift because of the fact that I'm not seeing any gains anymore. I've tried switching up my routines too. Nothing has been seeming to work much. Maybe you guys could help me out here, give me some of your workouts to try see how I like em. I haven't been sore in a couple of months it seems.

My goal is to stay cut, I'm not looking to loose my definition. I normally do HIIT training once or twice a week, then I also play soccer once a week after I workout, so that's got me there.

I'm 18.
    152lbs

1RM

So any ideas??
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.64%

Nah it's not that I'm over training. I normally give a large muscle group 48 hours before I choose to work that again.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.51%

Eat More
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.64%

I don't think this is much about my diet either. I'm looking more to my actual workouts.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.08%

I had this problem when I was your age, and for a high school kid on his way to play linebacker at a collegiate level, it was a huge problem... What I found that worked for me is a few key things... first, diet, diet, diet...5-6 meals, high protien, good amount of complex carbs and only good fats...next, training... I was lucky enough to learn from great conditioning coaches in my summer before entering college and they taught me to always keep the body guessing and never do the same routine 4 weeks in a row. They also introduced me to hypertrophy, then strength phases of workouts...Hypertrophy lasted 4-6 weeks and consisted of 4-5 sets at 10-15 reps on all lifts...Strength was also 4-8 and was 5 sets of 5 with a warm up of 15-20 reps on my first few excersises...Then repeat the process over and aim to beat all your previous weights and reps on all lifts(keep a journal and log your workouts)...finally,the basics for supps. Creatine, whey, fish oils, one a days and hmb...My goal was to put on good weight and I managed to do it. Your goal seems to be to loose fat and maintain muscle so your key will be diet...search this site for ideas and you should find tons of info...Good luck and keep pumping brotha
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.02%

Nah it's not that I'm over training. I normally give a large muscle group 48 hours before I choose to work that again.
    Just because you give 48 hours between workouts doesn't mean you can't be overtraining. What is your specific routine look like?
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.81%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I don't think this is much about my diet either. I'm looking more to my actual workouts.
    Lies. Post your diet.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.5%

I would be inclined to agree with Silentbob here, When I cut during the spring/summer months I find my workouts suffer if I drop my cals too low....I try to cojmpensate for this by having most of my carbs an hour or so before my workout, but if you aren't eating enough cals and you work out regularly your muscles will be drained of glycogen and you will feel like **** when you try to use them.
    Maybe add a couple of hundred cals of complex carbs on your workout days pre wo and see how you get on?
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.63%

I think if you'd post what your current diet is and what workout routine is, you'll be able to receive a lot more help.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.64%

Now that I think about it I have been eating less lately. Every morning for sure I eat 4 egg whites, 2 pieces of wheat toast and bacon. Then normally for lunch I'll come home and have leftovers normally which a lot of the time is some kind of pasta. Then for dinner it all depends on if I'm working or not. I've heard so much about trying not to eat after like 8 oclock or so, so I try to keep to that. I normally get out of work later than that too.

For my routines, I just started to try something differently for the past couple of weeks to see any help, but nothing. It was basically the workouts out of Arnolds New Encylcopedia of Modern Bodybuilding. Consisting of 4 sets, 15, 12, 10, 8 Reps. Throw in a drop set every workout or so.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.51%

Sounds like you need to work on your diet quite a bit, 6 meals aim for about 50 grams protein each meal. Good fats(EVOO, Nuts, Coconut Oil etc.) And complex carbs. Depending on how lean you want to stay limit your carbs accordingly. I would also try a full body routine like DC training, Westside, or Ectomorph.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.85%

I'm 18.
    152lbs

1RM

So any ideas??
    If your goal is just to "stay cut" then just work out less or with less intensity. It dosn't really take a whole lot of working out or food to maintain 152 lbs. Just watch your calories and try to hit your whole body 2x a week.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.64%

Well I don't mind if I gain size I just want to keep my definition. Got any kinds of sample eating plans I should try out?

What is the DC training, Westside and Ectomorph training consist of?
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.51%

Do a search for ectomorph in the training forums here. Others just google, I would post a link but I'm at work and using my phone to post rite now. I could post my diet in a few or you could search for a few on here
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.84%

take 5 days or even a week off. you might even become stronger if you give your body rest.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.64%

I'll be going to work right now too. So I'll be doing a search when I get home about this stuff but would you mind posting a link as well?
  18. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

You want to give a large muscle group about 5 days of rest before hitting it again.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

guranteed your...

1. not eating enough.
    2.not taking enough recovery days
    3. too much volume.
    4. dont know how to get ur lifts up

your prolly getting to the point in your workouts that you cant just go do whatever and get your lifts up...

for deadlifts you can try to start at 135 pull 3 reps add 25-50 pounds and and pull 3 till you cant anymore and pull singles.. do that for two weeks then take a week of deadlifts an do good mornings.. then go back to deadlifts... theres alot of routine you can use to get ur weights up... but deffintely eat more rest more take more off days. but first things first take 5 days off.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.69%

guranteed your...

1. not eating enough.
    2.not taking enough recovery days
    3. too much volume.
    4. dont know how to get ur lifts up

your prolly getting to the point in your workouts that you cant just go do whatever and get your lifts up...

for deadlifts you can try to start at 135 pull 3 reps add 25-50 pounds and and pull 3 till you cant anymore and pull singles.. do that for two weeks then take a week of deadlifts an do good mornings.. then go back to deadlifts... theres alot of routine you can use to get ur weights up... but deffintely eat more rest more take more off days. but first things first take 5 days off.
    solid
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.51%

I just read the OP and no more. I can tell from this post, that your not eating like you should be. Your a young guy who want to be strong, have big muscles and have the impressive body and you want to it come easy but not eating much and working out 5-6 days a week. No offense, I was there also.

Eat, rest, THEN train
  22. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%

Can never go wrong with 5000 calories ED and at least 2 rest days ..
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39%

Talking

More rest, more food, your body is going on strike couse you are not giving it the resources it needs
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.64%

Soo seeing that you guys are older than me you probably have more expeirence too so I'm gonna take your word for it on the eating haha. How much should I be eating a day then?
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Soo seeing that you guys are older than me you probably have more expeirence too so I'm gonna take your word for it on the eating haha. How much should I be eating a day then?
    i try to to eat 3-4 meals a day with 500-700 calories 35-60 grams protien and a good amount of carbs... on top of that i do two shakes which have good amount of calories.. and ontop of this i get my dave tate on and eat oreos or some candy or some cinnamon rolls with my meals sometimes.. and this is just to be maintined at 180-185lbs... you gotta eat ANYTHING at ur size bro
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.64%

By the way, I'm reading all about this DC training and it sounds really interesting. I'm thinking I wanna start trying this out for a while and see what happens.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.81%
    Achievements Posting Pro

By the way, I'm reading all about this DC training and it sounds really interesting. I'm thinking I wanna start trying this out for a while and see what happens.
    its my preferred training choice, but its not for the weak of heart.

in addition there is no such thing as over training, just under eating.
  28. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%

I would say at least 4000 calories a day in 4-6 meals. Dont be afraid of the carbs, unless your sure they are gonna blow you up fat wise.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.64%

I'm Italian, I've been around too many carbs since I was little haha they are second nature to me. But hopefully I'm going to be starting this whole DC Training on either Sunday or Monday depending on which days I end up having to work.

Watch I'll ask this and you guys will say I'm too young. What about supplements? I'm starting to get interested in something like Prime by USP. Something that will hopefully give me more energy during my workouts and help get me a good pump going. Some of my friends recommend NO XPLODE except then I've heard stuff that its terrible. What would be the biggest difference between Super Pump and Xplode? Is it just the Super Pump has creatine in it?
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.51%

[QUOTE=JuveCalcio;2322293]I'm Italian, I've been around too many carbs since I was little haha they are second nature to me. But hopefully I'm going to be starting this whole DC Training on either Sunday or Monday depending on which days I end up having to work.

Watch I'll ask this and you guys will say I'm too young. What about supplements? I'm starting to get interested in something like Prime by USP. Something that will hopefully give me more energy during my workouts and help get me a good pump going. Some of my friends recommend NO XPLODE except then I've heard stuff that its terrible. What would be the biggest difference between Super Pump and Xplode? Is it just the Super Pump has creatine in it?[/QUOTE]

mod edit: read the rules before you get banned.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/faq.p..._new_faq_item2
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.02%

Pre-workouts are basically expensive caffeine and creatine. Some people love them though, and if it helps you workout/gets you motivated go for it. I am personally not a fan. I would rather buy some cheap bulk creatine and caffeine and take it that way.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.79%

I prefer jack3d for my pre-workout, but i need 2-3 scoops so a container goes by pretty quick. I feel jack3d gives me me energy and you can actually feel that it works, unlike NO EXPLODE.
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.35%

I'm 18.
    152lbs

1RM

So any ideas??
    You don't need to change anything with your routine. What you need to change is your diet. If you have a lot of isolation movements and accessories included, then you might want to drop those and just focus on 5 lb increases in your exercises each session.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.49%

Sounds like you are over trained/under rested. Take a week off. Eat your face off. Sleep your face off. Rest. Enjoy life. Then go back to the Iron refreshed. If you are extremely over trained to the point of exhaustion..it will take a little longer to recover. If you don't recover see a doctor as there may be an underlying issue.
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.51%

Quote Originally Posted by JComp View Post
    I prefer jack3d for my pre-workout, but i need 2-3 scoops so a container goes by pretty quick. I feel jack3d gives me me energy and you can actually feel that it works, unlike NO EXPLODE.
    x2 on jack3d as pre workout, also make sure you get good pre and post workout meals in.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.64%

I'd rather get a little less biased of an opinion..
  37. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.86%

Agree with Jakes, take a week off to allow your body to recover. During that week, set up your diet, there are plenty of macronutrients calculators online that can help you set up you cal, protein, carbs and fat intakes. Also review your workout to make sure you're nit doing too much. I've always tried to limit my actual lifting time to around 1 hour as I've read (and experienced) that anything more is counter productive. There are a lot of good suggestions in the posts above, you've already done the right thing by looking and asking for help....
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.08%

I would stay away from any PH's or Designers at your age...I ****ed up when I was 19 and took ando-6, back when mcGuire made it famous, and it messed me up...Keep to the basics with your supps...Protein, Creatine, multi vitamin, fish oils...N.O. xplode is loaded with caffine and for me isn't as good as it used to be... Im on shotgun and synthesize now and so far it seems to work better...I ve read that Jackd is awsome as well...hope I helped out a little... keep pumping brother!
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.64%

So I tried what my friend has left of Jack3d and it seemed to do absolutely nothing for me.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.14%

You can bench more than me. That's a plus. Lol