Section Fat Loss

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
i hear there is no such thing as section fat loss.

is this true?

if not please elaborate.

i believe that you can lose fat in section on acount of if you buil muscle, say your triceps, then the area with more muscle will burn more fat, since more muscle mass = more calories burned during work and at rest.

how about topical fat burners? can this make section fat loss possible?

rckvl7

Awards
  • Established
No, you can't do targeted fat loss. As for the topical fat burners I think they just deliver whatever fat burning ingredients it has through the skin. I don't think they target fat loss where applied and if someone claimed it does I would be inclined to NOT believe them.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
No. You cannot spot reduce. That myth was debunked years ago.

baby swole

Awards
Nope, all you can do is cut as a whole, and cross your fingers that your bad spots go away. Most people really only have problems with their stomach/love handles. Where you gettin it?

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
You really can't target an area for fat loss, but you can use a product like Eviscerate on problem areas.

"Eviscerate represents a leap forward in targeted fatloss products. Eviscerate's potent formula has been proven in the real world to dramatically reduce unwanted and unsightly fat deposits, including dreaded arm/leg/abdominal fat and cellulite. Eviscerate: Reveal the Lean Underneath."

http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/rpn/eviscerate-4-oz.html

I've used it, with success. I have three more bottles left.

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
Nope, all you can do is cut as a whole, and cross your fingers that your bad spots go away. Most people really only have problems with their stomach/love handles. Where you gettin it?
i dont have any fat that im worried about. but my girl friend does, she had a kid 2 years ago and now has a little bit of belly and lower back fat. i just started her on a training program and just wanted to ensure her that. i just rather her lose it only around the mid section you know what i mean?:booty:

tigerbunny

Awards
i dont have any fat that im worried about. but my girl friend does, she had a kid 2 years ago and now has a little bit of belly and lower back fat. i just started her on a training program and just wanted to ensure her that. i just rather her lose it only around the mid section you know what i mean?:booty:
If i were to try to loose fat around the mid section I would try to cut as much simple carbs/sugar/alcohol from my diet as possible.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
i hear there is no such thing as section fat loss.

is this true?

if not please elaborate.

i believe that you can lose fat in section on acount of if you buil muscle, say your triceps, then the area with more muscle will burn more fat, since more muscle mass = more calories burned during work and at rest.

how about topical fat burners? can this make section fat loss possible?
Building muscle (myohypertrophy) has very little to do with oxidative capabilities, in general (yes, muscle is directly related to metabolic activity typically of carbohydrates and protein, which is why I said in general). Triglycerides must be broken down from adipose tissue-lipolysis, then enters plasma and is continued to b-oxidation and eventually is converted to acetyl-coa and enters the TCA cycle in active skeletal muscles, not surrounding muscle (for simplicity). To increase lipid metabolism, one would need to increase capillary beds and mitochondria (where lipid oxidation occurs) leading to and within a muscle cell.