What is better for strength gains
- 02-21-2010, 01:40 PM
- 02-21-2010, 01:47 PM
02-21-2010, 01:48 PM
02-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Well that would depend on what you are doing and your training level. In general I think once a week is good. Incline press will have some carry over, but if you want to get good at something, such as overhead press, you probably should be doing it. Granted sometimes you can increase a lift with doing it directly but that's because of imbalances and such that you correct in the meantime.
02-21-2010, 03:14 PM
heavy squats and deadlifts are the best thing for all around strength, but clean and jerks are good too. you just gotta make sure you're form and good.
02-21-2010, 03:36 PM
02-21-2010, 04:42 PM
The best movement for upper body strength is the press.
Squats are the best for overall kinetic development.
Deadlifts are the best movement overall for showing overall body strength.
Cleans are the best for showing power.
Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS
02-21-2010, 05:03 PM
02-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Do military once a week and incline/flat once a week. I think that good overhead strength is necessary for bench pressing strength. I have just PR'd my military and shortly after my bench @ 375, 470 respectively.
Similar Forum Threads
- By jmoney02 in forum SupplementsReplies: 5Last Post: 01-08-2010, 12:34 PM
- By GymRat83 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 9Last Post: 08-13-2009, 10:26 AM
- By jimmythelad in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 7Last Post: 01-26-2007, 01:34 PM
- By madebayo in forum Training ForumReplies: 13Last Post: 05-23-2006, 01:21 PM
- By mitch911 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 4Last Post: 10-30-2005, 09:01 AM