Training while on PH/DS

philcav7

Awards
I am going to be running my first hdrol cycle in March and am looking for some feedback from other PH/DS users regarding their training while completing a cycle.

I am interested to hear how you adapted the increased strength to your routine. I know most users don't change up their routine during a cycle, but train harder.

What did you do to maximize your cycle?
What kind of goals did you set for yourself prior to the cycle, how did you work to achieve them?
What seemed to work best for you?

Also, what mistakes were learned during your training experiences?

Thanks in advance!

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I just keep with whatever routine, but say "holy ****!" as the weights go up up up past what I have for week to week goals. I do like advanced 5x5 because you hit the big compounds quite a bit.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
I usually try to train harder one because i can and you can put up more weight each week so i try to do with higher intensity, and i know im on something potentially dangerous so i wanna get everything out of it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a tendency to raise my rep ranges a little so that even with strength increases i'm not quite putting as much fast strain on tendons + joints. but i only raise them slightly, like by 2 reps a set.

philcav7

Awards
i know im on something potentially dangerous so i wanna get everything out of it.
Exactly! That's why I asked.

I have been researching for quite a while before deciding to completing the cycle. Have spent countless hours learning about nutrition, preloading vitamins, cycle logs, dosage, pct recovery, and just about everything else.

However, I haven't seen much regarding how they train during the cycle. Logs typically indicate things like "I felt much stronger today" or "I felt like I could lift all day". I was curious if others used a specific progression during the cycle or just went with the flow of things during the cycle.

Several posts/articles I have read that many estimate 10%-15% gains. I guess I can use that as a baseline....but of course I want more.

About me???
29 years old, 5'10", 162lbs, roughly 8% BF. This will be a bulking cycle for me. I am looking to get to 175 post cycle.

Depending on how the cycle progresses, I anticipate running 50/50/75/75/75 followed by a proper 4 week pct. I will continue to bulk during the spring, then possibly cut in June/July.

Thanks again, all.

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have a tendency to raise my rep ranges a little so that even with strength increases i'm not quite putting as much fast strain on tendons + joints. but i only raise them slightly, like by 2 reps a set.
I'm with you on this one! I did some X-mass a while back & my strength shot up real fast! I paid the price by getting a little over zealous.. I'm just now getting back into it - actually on an M-Drol cycle right now, going into my 2nd week.

As for working out - deadlifts: what's the best time to do these: back day or leg day? I've been doing them quite a bit these past few months, but during circuit training. I want to go heavier on a specific day. Almost considered doing deads only on one day.