New bicep workout

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
so im 6'3 230 and i feel my biceps dont match the rest of my body. no matter what rep variation i do they dont seem to grow. someone wanna help me out with a proven plan?

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
I do biceps triceps chest and shoulders all on the same day, the next day everything is sore on day 2 i do all lower body. No rest between movement 1 and 2. 2-3 min rest after each movement 2.

Day 1

Chest Compound Set: 5x5
1. 20-degree incline dumbbell press (heavy fast with good form)
2. 20-degree incline dumbbell flyes (light slow with focus on negs)

Back Compound Set: 5x5
1. Pull-ups (fast with good form)
2. Stiff-arm pulldowns (light slow with focus on negs)

Shoulder Compound Set: 5x5
1. dumbbell clean and press (heavy fast with good form)
2. Standing dumbbell laterals (light slow with focus on negs)

Triceps Compound Set: 5x5
1. Dips (fast with good form)
2. Lying triceps extensions (light slow with focus on negs)

Biceps Compound Set: 5x5
1. Body drag curls (heavy fast with good form)
2. Lying dumbbell curls (light slow with focus on negs)

Day 2

Quad Compound Set: 5x5
1. Front squats (heavy fast with good form)
2. Sissy squats (light slow with focus on negs)

Hamstrings Compound Set: 5x5
1. Romanian deadlifts (heavy fast with good form)
2. Lying leg curls (light slow with focus on negs)

Calves Compound Set: 5x5
1. Seated calf raises (heavy fast with good form)
2. Standing machine calf raises (light slow with focus on negs)

Ab Compound Set: 5x5
1. Hanging leg raises (fast with good form)
2. Planks (light slow with focus on negs)

Day 3: 3mile jog, 1/4 run

Days 4-6: repeat Days 1-3

Day 7: off

Everything grows

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In your back routine, start doing underhanded bent-over barbell rows. They involve the biceps a lot more than overhanded rows.

I work biceps after my back routine and I'll usually do 3-4 sets using 3-4 different exercises. So after a back routine I may do...

1 set of each:
Curl Bar Curls x 6-8
Incline DB Curls x 6-8
Lying Curls x 6-8
(optional) Preacher Curls, Standing DB Curls, Reverse Curls or Concentration Curls

I switch it up a lot. Go heavy but make sure you're not sacrificing strict technique. The only exercise where I think some cheating is okay sometimes is when you're doing really heavy bar curls. Otherwise, keep cheating to a minimum, use FULL range of motion, use wrist rotation in DB work and squeeze the biceps at the top (at the top of the movement on DB exercises, rotate the wrist so that you're trying to get your pinky finger higher than your thumb).

Other than that, size comes with overall body development.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
As mentioend above they all have very solid ideas i always keep very slow movements slow negatives focus on contracting the muscles at the top holding for a second or so. I mainly do heavy dumbell curls, preacher curls, hammer curls, chin ups, And sometimes depending how i feel a little more but this usually hits it good. Every other week i add in 21's which are a great excersise but i find best every other week to do them just my idea.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i train my bi's with back. i like to keep it simple, and if i feel my biceps are lagging, i do three exercises.

weighted rack chins
wide grip barbell curls
rope hammer curls

in that order. the first two exercises are the mass ones, and then i finish them off with the rope hammer curls as it builds not only the most intense pump, but it also makes sure i've destroyed the muscles. for your last set of them, drop the weight to 75% of your previous set and shoot for 20 reps :) neg me if after trying this routine it absolutely sucks.

EDIT : nice profile name. i remember that old school wrestler - used to show up with his macaw.

KarlaG

KarlaG

Banned
Awards
lol @ cocoBware . . nice.

as mentioned above, heavy chins, UH/rows, T-Bars on Back day . . . for direct biceps look at super/tri setting, or drop sets to hammer the **** out of them . . remember, free-weighted compound movements rule supreme

Ironhyde

Ironhyde

Awards
i train my bi's with back. i like to keep it simple, and if i feel my biceps are lagging, i do three exercises.

weighted rack chins
wide grip barbell curls
rope hammer curls

in that order. the first two exercises are the mass ones, and then i finish them off with the rope hammer curls as it builds not only the most intense pump, but it also makes sure i've destroyed the muscles. for your last set of them, drop the weight to 75% of your previous set and shoot for 20 reps :) neg me if after trying this routine it absolutely sucks.

EDIT : nice profile name. i remember that old school wrestler - used to show up with his macaw.
I don't do a lot of bicep work with powerlifting, but these are my favorite by far!

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Underhand close grip pullups with some weight should do the trick. My biceps are stuborn as well but I have longer arms and at your height I'm guessing you do as well. It's harder for us taller folk.

Ironhyde

Ironhyde

Awards
Underhand close grip pullups with some weight should do the trick. My biceps are stuborn as well but I have longer arms and at your height I'm guessing you do as well. It's harder for us taller folk.
You said it bro...I feel like my knuckles drag the ground when I walk...lol. Takes a lot for our arms to look as big as the fellas with the T-Rex nubs :)

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
You said it bro...I feel like my knuckles drag the ground when I walk...lol. Takes a lot for our arms to look as big as the fellas with the T-Rex nubs :)
i dont mind being tall but damn my arms wont grow like i want them too... ive been doing 10 reps for a while so im gonna really up the weight then and go 6-8 for the various exercises

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
the best advice i had when talking about adding size to my arms was giving them there own day. before i was all about doing them after back, then i went through a phase of doing them after chest, now i do them on there own and and it is one hell of a differnce. they are fresh so they can be hit heavier/harder and be givin a little more attention, i am so done after chest and or back i really couldnt be able to do biceps as hard as possiblle.

wide grip BB cursl
incline DB curls
Single arm Preacher maching, 2 second squeze at the top
all 2-3 warm up sets and 1-2 heavy sets.

less is more with arms, they already get worked hard through other lifts so dont go crazy with the number or sets, 1-2 is actaully great.

most guys go nuts with biceps and train the crap out of them, less is more, back away and get in a few good heavy quality sets, go home stretch and grow

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
or, or , or you can be just straight up crazy and take one whole month to train nothing but arms. franco columbo did this i think in 81? his arms were lacking and he took one month to bring them up to match, he said it was the best thing he ever did and his arms were the best on stage.

i wouldnt go this route, too many problems with it. but hey everyone is different