when could i do 1 handed chin ups? - AnabolicMinds.com

when could i do 1 handed chin ups?

1. New Member

when could i do 1 handed chin ups?

I used to be able to do 5 pull ups 9 days ago after training (plus using x-factor and activate) i can do 11 how long would it take to do 1 handed chin ups?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

hi, well thats some freaky stuff right there. you gotta be very strong for your size to do it. i have a friend that can do a few but he has hardly any muscle at all, hes 6 foot tall and about 135 pounds.
  3. New Member

yeah and im like 200 pounds right now i just chose the most crazy training methods and some supplements im also trying to improve my grip now
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Haha I don't think anyone is going to be able to tell you that, buddy. It all comes down to mechanical leverage and muscle mass. If you have high points in both, being able to do one-handed pull-ups would be "easier" to achieve. If your build lacks that strong, mechanical leverage, you'd have to compensate with more muscle mass, but even then, one-handed pull-ups would be fairly difficult. I mean, I'm pretty stout in the bodyweight exercises department (pull-ups, dips, ect..) and I still can't do one the last time I checked. When you're using two hands to do regular pull-ups, you gain a whole lot of mechanical leverage. When you're hanging by one arm, the situation changes because now you have to pull your body weight using less than 50% of the muscle you were using in two-handed pullups at a major leverage disadvantage.

But if you trained your ass off, you'd eventually be able to do them. If it's a personal goal, go for it. It would be fun to be able to do them. I'm the type that would rather look like someone who could do one-handed pull-ups!

Good luck
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Here you go:
    One arm pull-up
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.

I can do about 5 or 6 one handers. I can do about 35 regular pull-ups. I can do 1 or 2 pull-ups with 100 lbs hanging.

I think when you can add like 50 lbs to one pull-up, one handers will start to get easy. Also, when you hit point where you're doing sets of 25, the grip (pull-up, chin-up, close-grip) stops mattering.

Also, maybe It's just me, but doing true one handers, with one hand at your side is not THAT much harder than the ones where you grip your wrist, but I always feel like I'm going to hurt myself. So watch out.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.

what the hell, lets make a poll

i say he'll be able to do one in 2 months, 6 days, and 5.2 hours.
  8. New Member

very cool guys sure make a poll im also adding ultima to the mix which should help power
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

i can do like 8 with my wrist gripped, but if i try a regular one hand i feel like im gonna rip my bicep
  10. n87
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

Well, I would say once you can do about 50 regular pullups with good form, none of that kipping crap, then you're close. BTW, I can't do one. Also, when you hold your wrist with other hand, that's not "one handed pullup"
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Not to be the downer of the group, but it's entirely possible to never be able to do a true one handed pull up. Regardless of how many regular ones you can do and how long you train. Just saying.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  12. New Member

also about weighted sit ups how much is possible i want to be able to do 50 kg or maybe more someday is that possible?
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

You will be able to three weeks from today.

The first time I ever did a one handed chinup (referring to supinated grip) I was able to also compensate for 26 straight unassisted chinups.

Just keep working at it. Try not to focus on developing it through one arm without the other; that develops imbalance.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

well you have to gain the tendon strength weighted static holds muscle ups 1 handed rows set after set of pullups.now being realistic if your doing 11 pullups i say hard work determination maybe 1-3 more years before you will be able to perform.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Let me add another thing.

Grip strength is another factor. It takes a lot of grip strength to hold and pull your bodyweight from a pullup, but it takes double the grip strength to hold and pull yourself up with only one hand.

Maybe practice holding yourself with just one hand with each hand for about 10 seconds a piece.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Double chin fix?
    By bla55 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 01:50 PM
  2. 135 one-handed barbell snatch
    By Jmaths in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 01:28 PM
  3. That's not how you do a bar chin up w/ video