Legs

Mindless

Awards
As the title says it's about the Legs.

I don't workout my legs, except doing Squats(3x8) once to twice a week and cardio, if you can call that leg workout.

Yet my legs look proportionate to my upper body.

Would you guys suggest to do more or is Squatting(once to twice a week) sufficient?

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
You need to be squatting more than just once per week. I'm an advocate of training movements twice per week; ranging from once every 3-5 days.

Do you not deadlift? Clean?

Mindless

Awards
Basically, I squat every forth or fifth day. (Tue - Sat - Thur - Tue...)
I do Deadlifts, but just on "back day".
No Cleans.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Is there a reason you don't clean? They can really help your deadlift, squat, and performance. They can be extremely technical, but easy to learn if enough research is applied.

Squats and deadlifts should do well for your lower body. At least until you need to start adding accessory work in- front squats, lunges, glute/ham raises, SLDL, cleans, etc.

Do you work the calves or tibialis anterior directly? What does the rest of your routine look like?

Mindless

Awards
Nope, no particular reason for not doing cleans. I just don't feel they are necessary, at this moment and my legs seem to do just fine.

Except of Squats, Deadlifts and cardio I don't really work 'em legs out at all.

My usual routine would look something like this:

Monday
Cardio 45min

Tuesday(Biceps & Back)
deadlifts, seated rows, pullups, barbell curls, dumbell curls ( + squats if squat day)

Wednesday
Forced restday (Gym is closed on Wednesdays)

Thursday(triceps & chest)
Bench, incline bench, dumbell flies, weightened dips, rope pull down, cross rope pulls ( + squats if squat day)

Friday
Cardio 45min

Saturday (Shoulder & Abs & Traps)
Barbell shrugs, vertical rows, shoulder flies, Dumbbell Front Raises, decline crunches, weightened crunches, torso rotating machine. ( + squats if squat day)

Sunday
cardio 45min

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Your routine looks good. Except I would go for a full body routine or an upper/lower split so that you're hitting the muscle with lower volume and higher frequency. A lot like DC, HST, SS, etc.