Staying Pumped Up in the Gym

musclehustler

musclehustler

Awards
I am wondering how you guys keep the pumped feeling while you are working out. I do get great pumps but they do not last my full workout and my muscles are not pumped when I leave the gym. They dont fill up till I take my Dark Matter Post workout. I do eat a good Pre workout meal about an hour before I workout. (sweet potatoe or 1/2 cup to 1 cup of oatmeal with about 40 grams of whey.) I also use Scivations Xtend thru the workout. I take the A-Stack and Jacked as my pre-workout also E-Noxide. So I am kinda doin everything right, right? I was thinking Xtend is not that great of a intra-workout. Its better to sip throughout day. DO you think an intr-workout with some carbs would be better or some waxy-maize? Are there any foods you can eat for intra-workout? Also I do workout very intensley and think I am working out too long, how long should you take for each muscle group? Thanks
Edit/Delete Message

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I usually skip the whey preworkout and just load up on oats, feel less bloated. during workout i usually drink 20-30 grams of dextrose (pure glucose) and that always keeps me pumped up. try shortening your rest periods to 1:1, rest for as many seconds as the last set took. some people dont have as good blood flow as others, which definitely affects the pump. I noticed since I started taking cold showers a year or so ago, my bloodflow has increased greatly and I almost double in size in the gym. You may be overstimulating yourself with all the combo products and your body is responding negatively. Try simplifying your supplements: preworkout meal, some creatine, some beta alanine. then during workout just pound some simple carbs and post workout do whey+carbs. Some preworkout supps can burn you out quickly, especially those with lots of caffeine.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do some flexing between sets to keep the muscles pumped with blood. Don't take too long of rest periods between sets and keep your total workout time to no more than an hour or so. Between sets I'll flex the muscles I'm working; it keeps them pumped for longer and also helps bring out better muscle shape over time. I suppose it's like doing isometric exercises. Since I've been incorporating a lot of flexing into my routines, my physique has noticeably improved. I can't claim that 100% of that came from flexing, but I'm sure not going to stop now. Remember to do a good amount of stretching afterward.

killamac27

killamac27

Awards
When your in the gym stay focused on the task at hand. I've noticed sometimes I'll walk into the gym pumped.. hit my first set.. then start day dreaming and I'll wait too long to start my next set. Then I get mad because I know I'm not pushing myself to the limits anymore and end up just walking out. I usually wave my arms around to keep them pumped in between sets. I also find it better to get up and walk around in between my sets rather than sitting in between sets.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
never sit between sets or exercises, keep walking around so your nervous system stays in the game. active rest

musclehustler

musclehustler

Awards
Thamks for the advice guys, I will utilize you suggestions,
I did read something before about showers, it said to take a shower after your workout and to alternate form hot too cold every minute and it will help blood flow.
What do you reccomend for a dextrose supplement?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
try the thundergod routine of doing a set with 65-75% of your training weight for a 20 rep set. it does build a great pump. also, some exercises are better for an all out pump than others.

chins for biceps is a great example, as is cable crossovers for chest. do 20 reps of those with 75% of your training weight and a pump will be inevitable.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Thamks for the advice guys, I will utilize you suggestions,
I did read something before about showers, it said to take a shower after your workout and to alternate form hot too cold every minute and it will help blood flow.
What do you reccomend for a dextrose supplement?
Yea here is how the shower thing works,

Post workout you want to take contrast showers, so alternating from hot to cold will not only rush blood through the muscles but also assist in other recovery proccess. any other time you can use the shower as just cold water therapy:
Start with luke warm or cool and gradually over time build up the cojones to go all the way to cold, even in the winter time. Its very important to keep the room at about 70 or more to avoid cooling down too quickly. Try to massage the whole body as you are doing the cold water, especially armpits, inside of thigh and your feet. Those are your receptors that help the body warm up quicker. After like a minute or two you'll feel like you are taking a normal shower, the body will raise its temperature to survive. What this does is flush the blood through your organs to the muscles and raises the body's ability to withstand cold and infections. You will also see a huge pump after a shower like that, mine usually lasts all day after a nice cold shower. I feel like that would help you a lot if you can stay with it.

as far as dextrose goes, thats exactly what its called, dextrose. NOW makes a pretty cheap kind, about $20 for 10 lbs on bb.com. take about 30 grams during a workout and another 30 grams postworkout with your protein. Post workout you can also add 20g maltodextrin to guarantee a good glycogen refill which leads to being pumped upppp. make sure you brush your teeth after dextrose, it is a sugar.

grigs

grigs

Awards
1.5 hour preworkout 200g chiken breast(62g protein), oats with milk(19g protein 63g carbs), tribulus terestris 1g, then half hour preworkout CEL Nox surge+3g beta alanine =
mentality and pump like on PH all my 1.5 hour workout.. post workout 43g whey, 15g glutamine, 25g dextrose, 1.5g beta alanine..
It works for me, it may not for you. lol
One more thing, i cauld'n believe how preworkout 1g cheap tribulus changed my intensity.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
1.5 hour preworkout 200g chiken breast(62g protein), oats with milk(19g protein 63g carbs), tribulus terestris 1g, then half hour preworkout CEL Nox surge+3g beta alanine =
mentality and pump like on PH all my 1.5 hour workout.. post workout 43g whey, 15g glutamine, 25g dextrose, 1.5g beta alanine..
It works for me, it may not for you. lol
One more thing, i cauld'n believe how preworkout 1g cheap tribulus changed my intensity.
I duno about that chicken breast man. it takes about 2.5 - 3 hrs to digest something so you are most likely lifting with chicken in your stomach. there is absolutely no need for protein pre workout. i bet youd still get the same results without the breast there

grigs

grigs

Awards
I duno about that chicken breast man. it takes about 2.5 - 3 hrs to digest something so you are most likely lifting with chicken in your stomach. there is absolutely no need for protein pre workout. i bet youd still get the same results without the breast there
i tried without chicken brest in past, but can tell you that i defenetly feel more stronger,not more energy, not more pump, not beter mentality,these i get from other supps, but stronger in the gym when eat meat with oats 1.5-2hrs prior workout..
like i said, it works for me, but may not for others.