loose fat, gain muscle

crcampbell89

Awards
hey guys ive been slacking for the past 2 years or so in and out of the gym and looking to get back into the gym properly. the problem is i dont have alot of muscle size but have a small gut sticking out now. i wanna know what you guys think my diet/workout should consist of so that i dont loose any more muscle then what i have but get rid of some of this fat. i am weight training 3-4 days a week doing full body lifts when i go to the gym usually 3 sets of 8-10 reps per exercise. my cardio consist of low pace incline walking for 30 mins on weight days and interval training on my non-weight days (1 minute sprint, 2 minute jog, 3 minute walk x3) i just want to make sure that i dont eat to much or eat to little to optimize my results. i know alot of people say that you have to bulk and then cut, but i have also read that people that have been out for a while can obtain some decent results with regards to cutting excess fat off while improving strength gains.

any input will help thanks guys

arnold77

Awards
Take d-bol and focus on neck and calves. No cardio and spend a good 1 hour chatting with people in the gym

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
cut first then bulk especially if you are over 15% bf. If you bulk right now ur just going to add to the fat. Cut down to where you feel relatively comfortable then start cleanly bulking. I wouldnt worry too much about losing a lot of muscle if you havent been very strict the last 2 years you will probably keep the majority of what you have. I would suggest a lot of cardio and 5 day splits on the weights as a start.

arnold77

Awards
the last post was obviously a joke... Here's a good breakdown for adding some strength while losing that gut.
Workout - Focus on the big compound lifts (squats, bench, deadlifts, chin-ups, bb military press, etc), in the 6-8 rep range after warmup sets. Worry about resting properly so your almost 100% before your next set, the cardio will come later. This will pack on muscle and at the same time burn fat due to the amount of muscle being used.
Cardio - Remember Darrel? You can do these after your workouts if you wish or on day's off -
Day 1- 30 sec all out sprints, 1.5 minutes rest (jump off the treadmill).
Day 2 - Long Distance Run - 30 minutes, walk if you must for a bit
Day 3 - 1 minute sprints, 2 minutes rest (jump off the treadmill).
This will help cut fat but preserve your muscle you earned in the gym.
Nutrition - Eat 6-8 times a day. Focus on quality protein at each meal. Protein shakes with just water would be a great snack to help lose weight. Eat the bulk of carbs in the morning and cut them out after 7 or 8 p.m. Keep fat intake to a minimal also. Drink or take green tea supplements with multi and fish oils daily.

Finally - Don't slack on the weekends! 1 cheat meal a week punk

arnold77

Awards
No not serious haha crcampbell is my brother i was just messin around

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
You don't have to get real scientific if you are just getting back into the game... A simple plan for you would be to just workout. Eat 5 small meals a day, to lose fat you must cut down on carbs such as breads and pastas -- make sure you are getting enough protein - 1-2g per lb of lean mass. Drink plenty of water..... Cardio and weight training... you are basically a beginner again... SET A GOAL

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
I've seen trememndous results on the internet (haven't got around to doing it myself)
BUT the carb cycling diet seems to do exactly that..
Eat carbs only on the weekends to replenish glycogen stores depleted throughout the week.. Eat only proteins and fats during the week to switch metabolism over to digest your bodies fat reserves once glycogen stores are burnt up.. Workout as normal, do a little cardio throughout the week.. Diet as always is a huge factor- if your training hard and doing a little cardio- this diet should help alot..
Search and read up more on the Anabolic Diet.. look for logs and pictures- you'll see what I'm talking about- looks EXTREMELY useful for someone trying to gain muscle and lose fat!

crcampbell89

Awards
im a sucker for supps, you guys got anything you would recommend... and i know that diet is the most important thing and that supps cant do anything for you if your not strict.. they just help me stay motivated knowing that im spending money on something so i dont slack off and maybe they will help me out a little bit

crcampbell89

Awards
I've seen trememndous results on the internet (haven't got around to doing it myself)
BUT the carb cycling diet seems to do exactly that..
Eat carbs only on the weekends to replenish glycogen stores depleted throughout the week.. Eat only proteins and fats during the week to switch metabolism over to digest your bodies fat reserves once glycogen stores are burnt up.. Workout as normal, do a little cardio throughout the week.. Diet as always is a huge factor- if your training hard and doing a little cardio- this diet should help alot..
Search and read up more on the Anabolic Diet.. look for logs and pictures- you'll see what I'm talking about- looks EXTREMELY useful for someone trying to gain muscle and lose fat!
seems this will workout in my favor if a cheat meal get presented on the weekends.. haha go figure most cheats are loaded with carbs

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
seems this will workout in my favor if a cheat meal get presented on the weekends.. haha go figure most cheats are loaded with carbs
all the good **** is loaded with carbs, lol... Right now I am cutting carbs down to approx. 50g a day mon-fri with eating whatever i feel like on the weekends (to a degree). It is very hard to find foods with little to no carbs.

crcampbell89

Awards
hopefully this insight will help me keep moving and dropping that fat im down 5 pounds and lost two inches on the gut, half inch on my thighs, and still the same on my biceps (hopefully just more muscle less fat)... gonna give that carb load on the weekend a try see what that does over the next couple weeks

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
Just sit at the bench, then follow with bicep curls.

Nah. Take in a lot of fiber though. It seemed to help me drop a lot of fat.

crcampbell89

Awards
Just sit at the bench, then follow with bicep curls.

Nah. Take in a lot of fiber though. It seemed to help me drop a lot of fat.
haha **** man i live in michigan maybe ill just head to the steam room though seems alot of fat asses go in there to lose the weight after reading the paper on the elliptical for 20 mins.... but yeah the fiber is increased along with annoying my girlfriend :nono: