deadlifts day after shrugs?
- 02-01-2010, 10:35 AM
- 02-01-2010, 11:44 AM
- 02-01-2010, 11:56 AM
shoudn't really effect your performance, your grip maybe a little weaker, but why shrug when your already deadlifting? i guess... if your trap development is really lacking
02-01-2010, 11:56 AM
02-01-2010, 02:00 PM
When you do deadlifts, your shrugs aren't working through a full range of motion but they're still being worked a lot because they have to contract to act as stabilizing muscles. If you wanted to do shrugs, I'd go ahead and just throw in some shrugs after deadlifts like you would biceps after back, or triceps after shoulders. I wouldn't do very many sets of shrugs, maybe 2-4 total sets for traps.
Similar Forum Threads
- By DerickVonD in forum Training ForumReplies: 20Last Post: 08-31-2010, 04:40 PM
- By ChrisDono in forum Training ForumReplies: 32Last Post: 09-07-2009, 12:01 AM
- By Dath in forum Training ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 07-16-2009, 05:40 PM
- By Jayhawkk in forum Training ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 03-27-2005, 01:19 PM
- By comrade in forum Training ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 03-28-2004, 01:01 PM