Skullcrushers vs Barbell Curl

blueandwhite

Awards
I have found that I am able to curl much more than I can crush. Is this typical? The tricep is a larger muscle, but the skullcrusher is such an unusual movement/ contraction. Any thoughts?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Form? It is easier to cheat a curl than a crusher.... Even slightly cheating can make all the difference.... I rarely see any body builder/power lifter that has 100 percent correct form for a barbell curl and thats only natural...

blueandwhite

Awards
For this example, let's use the strictest form possible.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
It also has to do with your leverage point. Google pivot point and leverage mechanics of body movements ... Also, depending on the exercise, I am much stronger on tricep moves so it is definitely not that the bicep is stronger as much as the leverage comes into play.
For instance, my tri-push down with strict form max was around 175x8, my heaviest bb curl was 135x5 and that was in my 20s when I was experimenting with injects...the tripush was in my 30s all natural.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you should be able to curl more than you crush...

you should be able to close grip bench more than you curl...

I think i bench more than I squat (not sure, never squat but almost positive) and every1 has a problem with that.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
you should be able to curl more than you crush...

you should be able to close grip bench more than you curl...

I think i bench more than I squat (not sure, never squat but almost positive) and every1 has a problem with that.
you....dont....squat....?

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you....dont....squat....?

Nope, Ive really neglected my legs in my training. Ive had times where i did em for awhile but i always quit for some reason. I just dont like, and dont really care about em that much. I am starting to work them again though.

BTW I know they are the best leg builders. I challenge the theory that they make you bigger everywhere and make you bench 100 times more but yea, i recognize them as an excellent exercise.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
i guess its ok. i dont squat or bench much. i only deadlift... but i think i have an inguinal hernia (second time... bad genetics) so i might have to give up that and start benching and doing arms...