Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Triceps/Biceps Day

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • Other

Votes: 14 19.2%

• Total voters

firedoghfd

Awards
taking a poll of when you guys work your triceps.

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
i work em twice a week, on chest day, then i have an arms day.

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
i usually end up working tri's twice a week. once indirectly on chest day, and then directly on a tri/bi day. because they get hit with so many sets and repetitions on chest day i usually try to focus on a couple of exercises for a few sets on arms day with a main focus on strength (GCBP, dips, skull crushers...)

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
argh. no choice for chest/shoulder day? i'll pick chest then.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I work them with shoulders and when I do chest, I try to do only the bottom 2/3 of the movement to take some of the strain off of the triceps.

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Usually I have an arm day, but sometimes I'll hit tri's and back or just hit 'em when I feel they need to be worked.

rckvl7

Awards
  • Established
I really only have bench day, squat day, and deadlift day. :booty: I will do assistance lifts afterwards though.

gymrat5713

gymrat5713

Awards
Sometimes I hit bi's with tri's then other times I hit triceps with back. Guess it all depends on how I am feeling that day.

smitty1035

Awards
i do back and tri's together. my tri's get worked hard on chest day, so i feel like i get cheated if i also try to work them with chest, cuz theyre already so blasted from my chest workout.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
i do back and tri's together. my tri's get worked hard on chest day, so i feel like i get cheated if i also try to work them with chest, cuz theyre already so blasted from my chest workout.
This. Definitely this.

Used to do them with chest but I think this way works better.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I work them with shoulders and when I do chest, I try to do only the bottom 2/3 of the movement to take some of the strain off of the triceps.
I do the same. I think this bottom 3/4 th is useful for people with longer arms

YouTube- Brandon Curry- Chest

when I trained at this guys gym in 2007 i saw him in the off season (he may have allowed more body fat then then he does now) and he looked like a mass montser

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Damn, is that all from Nitrix and NOXplode?

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I checked other cause i work them by themselves a lot. I do the chest tri thing sometimes to though. Ive never done the bi tri thing though, seems people like it.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
I actually do them the day I do legs. They are already a bit blasted on chest day (my arms are kind of long) so I hit them specifically after doing legs. Similar thing happens for biceps on Back day, so I do biceps specifically on Shoulder day.

grigs

grigs

Awards
chest bic,legs,off,shoulders tris,back
I did them with chest in the past, but i couldn't hit them as hard as i can now on shoulders day..

doingwork30

doingwork30

Awards

i agree with this. i do chest tris and shoulder on one day.

manosduras

manosduras

Awards
  • Established
always been wondering what the correct day was on chest or back. i see alot of chest/bicep and back/tricep days in the magazines, but i do it opposite because of shoulder problems so it feels better to do my triceps on chest day and biceps on back day.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's what I was wondering. I've been doing a couple sets of weighted dips after my chest/shoulders days (sunday/wednesday) but I think I'm doing too much triceps work overall so I'm going to cut that back to one total set for triceps twice per week (2 total sets for triceps per week). Low volume/high/frequency/high intensity training is awesome so that's probably more than enough. I like doing some heavy weighted dips after chest and shoulders because my triceps and all of the other muscles involved are already really warmed up. I've been doing my sets in the 4-6 range, going very heavy but also focusing on the strictest form. If you're not doing weighted dips, you're missing out.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
I always do them With chest and Shoulders. . . DC Baby

meathed

meathed

Awards
Indirect on chest day and I dedicate a day to just the triceps. It is an underdeveloped area for me so I put a lot of focus on them right now. 6 exercises 18-20 sets total.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I will normally workout triceps with chest day and sometimes on shoulders day, being they are undeveloped. I am thinking about switching the triceps to my back day.

BTW: I liked the neck presses in the video. I don't see a lot of these bodybuilders using it, pretty cool.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
I have been doing Chest/Tris Back/Bis recently, ive hearing some different views though i guess i can see it from both sides if you work them indirectly on chest day and dedicate a day to them they will probally grow more but i usually do Chest and tris togethor because i feel not only the benching but dips all work tris and i might as well throw in a couple iso tri excersices at the end to work em even more ive seen great results in my tris recently so i cant complain.

But i'll make a point to try to switch it up a little and see what works.

SOGO

Awards
Triceps get their own day. I blast them too hard on chest night and shoulder/trap night that I simply just need to allocate a day for tris and bi's. Works great.