- 01-19-2010, 08:34 PM
I've never really been much of a weight lifter, so I know nothing about the proper technique. I am 6' and 160. I'm an ectomorph (could you have guessed by the height and weight?) So what's the best weight? I like the idea of being 180, on the other hand I also like the idea of being as healthy as possible. My friend says deadlift and military press is best for my body type. Apparently my body type sucks major ass. What should the cardio and nutrition be like as well? I'm a noob, so as layman as possible. My doofusness sometimes prevents me from assuming the obvious.
- 01-20-2010, 01:51 AM
- 5'10" 190 lbs.
- Join Date
- Aug 2009
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
I highly recommend getting the book Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. It explains in great detail how to properly perform the Bench press, Deadlift, Squat, Shoulder(military) Press, and Power Clean. It is an excellent book and also lays out a very simple program for a beginner. I followed it an put on about 20-25 lbs.
I can't give this book enough praise, it really gets into detail on how to properly perform the lifts and disspells alot of myths.
Similar Forum Threads
- By repmks in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 3Last Post: 10-18-2010, 01:09 PM
- By CopyCat in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 0Last Post: 02-17-2009, 02:06 AM
- By Kostanovovic in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 4Last Post: 12-18-2007, 12:55 AM
- By In Hulk in forum 35 and OlderReplies: 3Last Post: 10-10-2007, 10:20 AM
- By Gettinpumped in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 14Last Post: 12-14-2006, 02:03 PM