How long do you guys think I should swim while recovering?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I still have tendinitis, in my knee and around my bicep. My upper back is still alittle sore, but I think one of the reason my back is still sore is because I haven't worked out in like four months because of my injuries. I'm about to start going swimming at college soon, until I recover. How many hours do you guys think I should go swimming at one time, or does it not matter so much?

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
I would start off slowly so you don't re-injure yourself. I probably would start off with something like 30 mins.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
20-30 minutes is adequate enough a few days a week. If you've not been training then it's going to be like starting all over again. Ease into it. There's no sense in going too hard too fast, because then you'll have new problems.

You should also have been rehabbing your injuries - both of them - which WOULD have required SOME training, so that you recover properly. You should be progressing re strength, etc., and should have been able to do SOME training.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
20-30 minutes is adequate enough a few days a week. If you've not been training then it's going to be like starting all over again. Ease into it. There's no sense in going too hard too fast, because then you'll have new problems.

You should also have been rehabbing your injuries - both of them - which WOULD have required SOME training, so that you recover properly. You should be progressing re strength, etc., and should have been able to do SOME training.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
Well what would you recommend? I don't even know if I'm going to the pool now. It's a college pool and it's only open from 12:45-1:50. I'd have to wait and take the bus go there for 30 minutes, then wait for the bus again. So it looks unlikely that I'll be swimming more than maybe once a week when my grandmom can drop me off. The times when it's open will change on the 28th, but I don't know what the new times will be. Probably some very inconvenient time.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well what would you recommend? I don't even know if I'm going to the pool now. It's a college pool and it's only open from 12:45-1:50. I'd have to wait and take the bus go there for 30 minutes, then wait for the bus again. So it looks unlikely that I'll be swimming more than maybe once a week when my grandmom can drop me off. The times when it's open will change on the 28th, but I don't know what the new times will be. Probably some very inconvenient time.
I'd suggest doing a home programme, even if it's just a floor routine and basic calisthenics and plyometrics that don't aggravate your injuries then. At least then you can do it a few times a week. Take a look around at the type of rehab exercises you should be doing for each injury, making sure to include stability/balance, flexibility, endurance, and strength.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Okay, so I am going swimming soon, but my shoulder still has some tendinitis. A lot of the stiffness is gone, but still some pain. My shoulder has also been sore for awhile.