Alternatives to gym days

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.95%

Alternatives to gym days

I lift way too much and I tend to overtrain b/c I have an almost unsatifiable urge to train. Id liek to train 3 days a week, so for the T/Th days what could I supplament a lift with. I was thinknig cardio, b/c i've lost alot of ab definition bulking, howefer I dont want it to INHIBIT muscular gains. I was thinknig maybe stretching as I'm not doing MMA anymore and not going back for a few more months? Would this inhibit me in any way? Id think it would assist healing if anything?

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.52%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by redline2101 View Post
    I lift way too much and I tend to overtrain b/c I have an almost unsatifiable urge to train. Id liek to train 3 days a week, so for the T/Th days what could I supplament a lift with. I was thinknig cardio, b/c i've lost alot of ab definition bulking, howefer I dont want it to INHIBIT muscular gains. I was thinknig maybe stretching as I'm not doing MMA anymore and not going back for a few more months? Would this inhibit me in any way? Id think it would assist healing if anything?
    You should be stretching every day if you can, even if it's only 10-20 minutes, or the muscles that you've worked that day. Stretching is NOT going to inhibit anything; it should actually HELP progress, as you will be stretching your fascia. Just remember to do it when you are WARM, such as after training or a hot shower, etc.

As far as training on non-resistance training days, make sure that you have at LEAST ONE day OFF EVERYTHING. The rest you can do cardio in. I recommend ~20 minutes of HIIT cardio.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.07%

yoga, hitting the heavy bag, abs and lagging bodyparts is what i do non "training" days
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.88%

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    yoga, hitting the heavy bag, abs and lagging bodyparts is what i do non "training" days
    X2 plus you can have some fun and play some road hockey or basketball with the boys. Go for a hike in the wilderness etc. Get outdoors!
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.29%

You can do "feeder" workouts. Basically you just want to get bloodflow into the muscles you worked the day before. Just do light weights, for higher reps. Remember, you just want to get the blood pumping, you are not trying to tire out the muscles. This should help speed recovery, just don't go overboard with it.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.95%

I like alot of these ideas. I have started stretching daily. Once it gets above 20 degrees outside I'll go out more, but right now i's just kind of annoying out. I used to have a heavy bag, that was sooo much fun and good cardio, but I kicked it and snapped the steel thing holding it up :/. The feeder workout idea is something I'd love to do, so for now stretching and "feeder" workouts. Thanks alot guys.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.2%

exercise your mind
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.82%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Work on mobility and muscle imbalances. Like external rotars and lower traps rhomboids. Hip mobility,ankle mobility. Foam rolling and stretching add some complexes to the mix.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by killamac27 View Post
    exercise your mind
    this has helped me alot, i do homework, relax focus on work and eating my meals.. you can research to make ur time in the gym more productive!

Similar Forum Threads

1. 4 days of HGHPro - 4 days of CT sweeeet slumber!
    By CTDeuce in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 01:47 AM
  2. DTH alternatives?
    By eballarj in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 03:06 AM
  3. 6-oxo 3 caps a day 5 days on 2 days off continuous, safe?
    By DanielS3368 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 09:34 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 04:44 PM
  5. Alternatives to HCG
    By PumpingIron in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 03:29 PM