Flatter abs...

1. Flatter abs...

my body fat percentage isnt high, but i cant see all of my abs unless i flex them, i can see all of them except the lowest of them. But basically i feel like my stomach sticks out, i dont know, hard to explain. Is there a paticular excercise that pulls your stomach in?

thanks

2. Google "stomach vacuums". The other part of the equation is just to get your body fat lower. The vacuums will help you keep from looking like Ronnie Coleman with "pregnant ripped abs" when he relaxes.

3. These are pretty tough lol
    •   

4. I've noticed that when my stomache is full I sort of have the pregnant looking abs, and i'm currently at 5% bodyfat (for wrestling season, i'm not normally this skinny) but after i take a laxative and dont eat any carbs for awhile the bloated look goes away.

5. Get a buddy. Get a bench press. Put enough weight on it to balance yourself. Do leg lifts with your buddy throwing your legs down every time you raise them. Three sets of thirty every day with the rest of your ab routine should do the trick

6. So in this article: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit5.htm

When they say 20 seconds and 3 sets, does that mean you suck it in and hold it for 3 seconds or suck it in and let it come out as many times as you can in a 20 second period x 3 sets?

7. Quote Originally Posted by illgixxer View Post
    So in this article: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit5.htm

When they say 20 seconds and 3 sets, does that mean you suck it in and hold it for 3 seconds or suck it in and let it come out as many times as you can in a 20 second period x 3 sets?
    thats what im wondering, but i did my abs yesterday and they hurt when i do these since i dont do abs often. lol

8. Suck it in and hold for 20 seconds. Try to increase your time as your endurance improves and shoot for 60 seconds at a time.

9. Thx guys, I'll have to hold off a little on this, like I kinda never do my abs and I honestly have DOMS in my abs and legs from my sat!!! Ugh!!!!!!!

10. practice vacuums

11. stomach vacuums should bring your waist line quite a bit even when relaxed. There is plenty of articles surrounding the exercise, which barely anyone does anymore, many of them BBer's of the "golden age," Arnold being one of them. I was big into them a few years ago,.. and dont do any direct ab work right now as heavy deads and squats hit for me just fine now. And even now at a higher bf, and the heaviest i have ever been, I still have a good shoulder to waist ratio, so....... do em'.