Thursday Friday off... (or some cardio)

Sat.
Chest-Bi's again

Sunday

Shoulders-tri's

Monday

Legs-shoulders

Tues-Wednesday off or cardio.

Then it starts of with Chest etc. etc...

This way the routine continues nonstop. Your days off and routine will change from day to day. Meaning, your chest- bi day will not always be on Monday and neither will other workouts.

Does this make sense? Would this be a type of volumizing (is that a word)?

Bberforlife

Awards
****ty routine.. training chest then shoulders the next day isn't logical. I'm not a fan of training muscle groups together like that either. Could it work for you? Maybe, but definitely don't do chest one day then shoulders the next. Just my opinion.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
yep. nothing for back either. looks like something out of men's health or something.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
bodybuilding without deadlifts = disaster. IMO.

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
Yeah thats a ****ty ass routine. shoulders after chest is going to be extremely tough on your shoulders because your chest incorporates shoulders into your pressing movements, then on top of that you hit them again for a 3rd day in a row. your tris would be tired from the chest day before so it would be bad to hit them immediately following chest day and then on top of all that, you dont even have a back day

oh yeah and dont read this like im bein a jerk lol i'm just talkin haha i reread all of this and i sounded like an ass woops

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You definitely need to revamp your routine mate, and where is the back, that's my favorite lift....

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll just comment on the days on vs days off aspect. Many, many people follow a 3 days on, 1 day off cycle of training and has a great proven track record. Your thoughts regarding that idea are pretty good.

rab71

rab71

Awards
You guys obviously didnt get this... First off not my routine... I work one muscle a day ie. chest, bi's, shoulders, tri's, legs, back all on different days... Six days a week... Not the point.

My point was not so much the routine but how three days on Mon-Wed. then two off then perform the cycle again again. That way your next rest days would be on different days from the last and this would continue to rotate. Don't focus on the workout itself.

Not too mention some of you may want to lay of the hormones unless you are just natural ****y jerks.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
well yes i generally am a ****ty jerk. but beyond that, i couldnt possibly do 3 straight days with any sort of volume and live. imagine having the big 3 at the start of each day and actually putting effort into them, you'd have no time to recover (to me).
the push/pull routine on t-nation is a 4 day split with 2 rest days, it may accomplish what you are hoping for with a 6 day cycle, but never has 3 days in a row.

antdawg5150

Awards
whatev I bang six days straight and im swole.if you cycle through the muscles right each gets penty of rest.there is no exact science to bb ask all the greats and you will get a thousand different approaches. do what works for you and change what does not.Each person has there own gentics to battle. But i agree with everyone else if you dont work back ,not only will you not grow you will end up injured.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
You guys obviously didnt get this... First off not my routine... I work one muscle a day ie. chest, bi's, shoulders, tri's, legs, back all on different days... Six days a week... Not the point.

My point was not so much the routine but how three days on Mon-Wed. then two off then perform the cycle again again. That way your next rest days would be on different days from the last and this would continue to rotate. Don't focus on the workout itself.

Not too mention some of you may want to lay of the hormones unless you are just natural ****y jerks.
I don't think anyone was too rough bro but let's just call the peace from here on out. As far as 3 on, 2 off rotation - if thats the only aspect you're focusing on - I'd say that is fine if it works for you.

I can tell you that I used to lift with 3 time Mr. Hartford (all natural) and he was a big fan of a 4 day split (M-Th), hard cardio Friday, off Sat/Sun.

I personally prefer 4 on - 1 off in the evenings and cardio in the AM 3-4 days a week.

In general, it depends on your availability and what works for you. I don't thnk anyone will necessarily tell you that the days on - days off split is wrong so long as you hit all the necessary muscle groups.

rab71

rab71

Awards
I was just curious... Not really my thing. I like my workout the more I look at others.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I was just curious... Not really my thing. I like my workout the more I look at others.
Yeah figured you were just asking. I think the 3 on - 2 off aspect is okay but as you heard from others the split is lacking.