BF percentage pics... Progressive..
- 01-01-2010, 07:24 PM
BF percentage pics... Progressive..
Not sure if this is exactly the right place to put it, but I have seen plent of guys on here asking questions regarding body fat percentages. Here is pictures of individuals at certain BF levels with explanations etc.. Took me a while to find this post again, but here it is!
In the book "SLICED" (by Bill Reynolds & Negrita Jayde), the states of muscularity are objectified as follows (I'll summarize each):
1. Full house = Over or near 20% bodyfat with no visible muscle definition and only a hint of separation between major muscle groups if those groups are very large. Basically a person in this state could be confused for a football linebacker. If you're higher than this bodyfat percentage, you'd be considered overweight/obese.
Here are some examples of the Full House state:
2. Hard = Some muscle separation appears between delts and upper arm. Abs are still not visible. Approximately 15% bodyfat.
Here's a picture of Railz in the Hard state:
3. Cut = More muscle separation appears particularly in the chest and back, outline of the abs begins to appear slightly. Approximate bodyfat level = 12%
Here's are 2 examples of Abdominator in the Cut state:
4. Defined = Muscle separations get deeper in the arms, chest, legs and back, and abs appear when flexed. Approx. bodyfat level = 10%
Here's an example of Abdominator in the Defined state:
5. Ripped = Abs are clearly visible all the time, vascularity in arms is prominent, chest and back separation is obvious, and face is starting to appear more angular. Condition can be held indefinitely. Approximate bodyfat level = 7-9%
Here are some examples of the Ripped state:
6. Shredded = Striations appear in large muscle groups when they are flexed. You look small in clothes, but look fantastic when you're not. Vascularity appears in lower abdomen and in the legs. Condition can be held for several days with careful dieting. Competitive bodybuilders often aim for this state for competition day. Approximate bodyfat level = 5-7%
Here are some example of the Shredded state:
7. Sliced = Muscles and tendons begin to appear in the face when chewing, striations appear everywhere and vascularity appears everywhere. Bodyfat levels are close to 3% and subcutaneous water levels are near 0. Condition can only be held for a few hours at a time. Not a healthy condition to stay in due to lower water level.
Here's an example of someone in the Sliced state:
Anywho, perhaps you can use this guide to determine how far you're progressing. If/when you decide to cut, make sure you give yourself 12-16 weeks to do it. It won't happen overnight, but the results can be striking when you get into the final 2-3 weeks.
- 01-01-2010, 07:26 PM
- 01-01-2010, 07:27 PM
01-01-2010, 07:28 PM
01-01-2010, 08:41 PM
lol cool link, that last pic of sliced or w/e is disgusting hahah
Bench - 355
Squat - 405
Deadlift - 600
01-01-2010, 08:52 PM
I agree, it is disgusting haha... It explains how you can approximately figure out your BF percentage with the pics and a description of the diff. BF percentages, because in my experience calipers do not work well.. Said I was 14 percent BF, in actuality, I'm normally around 7-9 percent, diet depending...
01-02-2010, 03:03 PM
That looks about right to me. I am around 16% body fat that is about how I am built. I may be a nit less but not much. Thanks lol.
01-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Hmm, sliced is disgusting. Naturally I am 12% bf but during wrestling season i'm 5% and it is absolutely miserable... I would never cut this low if it weren't for competing.
01-03-2010, 10:36 PM
the pics are ok but keep in mind body types and also the fact that everyone holds fat in different area's. Men who carry ab fat in the lower abs will not look like that at 10%. For example I am one of them and my stomach (the lower abs) don't really get flat until I'm down around 5-6%. At 10% the rest of me is cut but my lower abs fight to the bitter end.
01-04-2010, 06:30 PM
01-07-2010, 05:20 PM
02-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Defined is the best looking pic, the lower body fat percentages are only required for body building.
02-15-2010, 12:41 PM
07-31-2010, 01:00 AM
07-31-2010, 01:28 AM
08-16-2010, 03:16 PM
08-25-2010, 01:47 PM
I always get annoyed when people say theyre 3% body fat when theyre more like %12-15%
Its all these body fat machines are always skewed. I took one and it had me a 7.5%. I just had to roll my eyes because in actuallity im 15% maybe higher. I really dont like to cut because I just get sooo weak when i do it and putting on muscle for me takes ages. Recently had to take a month and a few weeks off any should movement exercises.
Went from benching 225x7 to 225x2 and Im not making much progress into getting it back where it was. Idk i guess i just got terrible genetics
08-26-2010, 12:03 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Cass9311 in forum Training ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 07-29-2010, 02:41 PM
- By yoked317 in forum General ChatReplies: 4Last Post: 11-05-2008, 04:41 PM
- By David Dunn in forum Workout LogsReplies: 29Last Post: 09-26-2006, 12:30 PM
- By Twin Peak in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 11Last Post: 11-19-2004, 08:58 PM