shoulder routine

deadlift18

Awards
Looking for a good shoulder routine to put some needed mass on some lagging delts. Feed back appreciated.

BigJoshStud

BigJoshStud

Awards
well, it depends on what kind of split you are using. If using a 4 day, I've always had success with this:
Seated Db press: 4x12,10,8,6
seated db lateral raise 3x12,10,8
db reverse flys 3x12,10,8

If you so choose you can also work your traps with your shoulders. You would just add 4 sets of shrugs. I recommend you work your shoulders at a minimum of 48 hours after your chest. A split like chest/biceps monday, legs tuesday, wendsday rest, thursday shoulders/tricep, friday back/calves, would work.

Bberforlife

Awards
well, it depends on what kind of split you are using. If using a 4 day, I've always had success with this:
Seated Db press: 4x12,10,8,6
seated db lateral raise 3x12,10,8
db reverse flys 3x12,10,8

If you so choose you can also work your traps with your shoulders. You would just add 4 sets of shrugs. I recommend you work your shoulders at a minimum of 48 hours after your chest. A split like chest/biceps monday, legs tuesday, wendsday rest, thursday shoulders/tricep, friday back/calves, would work.
I think this is a great idea for a good shoulder workout. If your keeping it heavy this is all you will need. A Press, some type of lateral raises or upright rows, and reverse flys. A lot of people do way too much **** for their shoulders IMO.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Some lateral raises. Dumbell one arm or 2 arm. Cable lateral raises. Hit the rear delts be doing bent over rear delt fly's or standing one arm cable rear flys. These are great additions and you can do them on a chest day. The mass of the shoulder muscles are so small, most people over train them.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
compound

front delts - military press
mid delts - smith upright rows - index finger on "ring" (close grip targets traps)
rear delts - face pulls

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Standing Military press
rear delt raise on a bench or with bent knees
mid delt raise
Then I like to do the stallone arm wrestle in the semi move......j/k =)

bleedingthrou

bleedingthrou

Awards
When i want growth in my shoulders its all about reps and the pump! I rarely do low reps on my shoulders, when i do its usually just to add a little shock to the muscle.
My typical shoulder routine looks like this:
DB press: 6x12 (3 of which are warm ups)
Wide Grip upright row: 3x10-12, make em heavy!
Lateral Raises: 4x12-15
Incline barbell Front raises: 2x15

I work Posteriors on back days.