Critique my workout

W13NY

Awards
I've asked this once before but I changed it up a little bit since then and want to know if you guys think this is a good workout to put on mass, of course with diet in check.

Legs(Monday)
Squats – 5 Sets / 6-8 Reps
Leg Press – 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
Leg Extensions – 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
Calf Press – 4 Sets / 8-10 Reps
Stiff Legged Dead Lifts - 3 Sets 6-8 Reps

Shoulders (Wednesday)
DB Shoulder Press – 5 Sets / 6-8 Reps
Side Laterals – 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
Front Raises – 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
BB Shrugs – 4 Sets / 6-8 Reps
Rear Delts w/ DBs – 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps

Back/Bi's Friday)
BB Curls – 4 Sets / 6-8 Reps
DB Curls – 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
Preacher Curls – 3 Sets / 12-15 Reps
DB Rows – 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
BB Rows – 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
Narrow Grip Pull downs – 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
Wide Grip Pull downs – 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
Deadlifts – 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps

Chest/Tri's (Saturday)
Incline DB Bench – 4 Sets / 6-8 Reps
Flat BB Bench – 4 Sets / 6-8 Reps
DB Flys – 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
Cable Crossovers – 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
Pushdowns – 4 Sets / 6-8 Reps
Close Grip Bench – 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
Dips – 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps

thedawg3545

thedawg3545

Awards
that looks like a pretty good workout, I'd do leg extensions first if I were you, just to get the blood pumping and try to kick your ass on the squats too, I usually do 6 sets 20, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6 moving up in weight

W13NY

Awards
that looks like a pretty good workout, I'd do leg extensions first if I were you, just to get the blood pumping and try to kick your ass on the squats too, I usually do 6 sets 20, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6 moving up in weight
Sounds good, ill try that Monday. Thanks!

W13NY

Awards
Also, I am taking:

Pre workout: Creatine Monohydrate & Beta Alanine
Intra workout: Xtend
Post Workout: Whey Shake
Before Bed: Casein Shake

Anyone have any suggestions about my routine or supplements, or does it look all good? Any help is appreciated.

rocketman123

rocketman123

Awards
IMO i would do my back workout before my biceps workout that way i could lift the most amount of weight. kind of like how you have chest/tris set up. If you are wanting to pre-exhaust muscles, i would suggest doing dumbell pullovers at the beginning of the workout. I get a NICE pump when i do this and i dont have to use as much weight on my other lifts and i also get more out of my back workout

W13NY

Awards
Yeah, I just recently started doing my back workout before my biceps, just never changed the order in the notepad where I typed that up, lol. Ill try doing the dumbell pullovers first thing this week. Thanks for the tip.

rocketman123

rocketman123

Awards
no prob! if you have a nautulus pull over those are the best but i have never seen a gym with one ha!

HawaiianPride

HawaiianPride

Awards
Cosign Rocket. Routine looks similiar to my old one. The only thing I would change is swapping out dips for skull crushers. I've found sc's to pack on the most mass when training the tricep.

W13NY

Awards
Yeah I throw in skull crushers every now and then but cant do them too often because it kills my elbows because I have tendonitis in them.

W13NY

Awards
One more question:
I weigh about 160 right now, would it be possible to get up to 175 by June with the supplements im taking right now, or should I add in something? Diet is in check so no changes needed there, just wondering if it would be possible.

*Also if this helps im 5'10 and my body type is ectomorph.

HawaiianPride

HawaiianPride

Awards
Man if you truly push yourself to the limits you can do it! I wouldn't rely on supplements to get your weight up bro, food will take care of that much more effectively.

Cosign on the elbows, I know it can be a bitch sometimes.

W13NY

Awards
Alright Hawaiin, thanks, Ill try to change diet and routine up and see what works best, and stick with the supplements I have.

rocketman123

rocketman123

Awards
Thinking of supplements: The first 6 months i worked out (when i first got into lifting) I was taking essentially the entire line of muscletech products and i think i gained like 3 lbs. I had no idea about diet or anything. When i figured out that diet was most important, i gained like 20lbs of LEAN muscle in a year without any supplements haha. being young is SWEET