Critique my workout

1. Critique my workout

I've asked this once before but I changed it up a little bit since then and want to know if you guys think this is a good workout to put on mass, of course with diet in check.

Legs(Monday)
    Squats 5 Sets / 6-8 Reps
    Leg Press 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
    Leg Extensions 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
    Calf Press 4 Sets / 8-10 Reps
    Stiff Legged Dead Lifts - 3 Sets 6-8 Reps

Shoulders (Wednesday)
    DB Shoulder Press 5 Sets / 6-8 Reps
    Side Laterals 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
    Front Raises 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
    BB Shrugs 4 Sets / 6-8 Reps
    Rear Delts w/ DBs 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps

Back/Bi's Friday)
    BB Curls 4 Sets / 6-8 Reps
    DB Curls 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
    Preacher Curls 3 Sets / 12-15 Reps
    DB Rows 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
    BB Rows 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
    Narrow Grip Pull downs 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
    Wide Grip Pull downs 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
    Deadlifts 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps

Chest/Tri's (Saturday)
    Incline DB Bench 4 Sets / 6-8 Reps
    Flat BB Bench 4 Sets / 6-8 Reps
    DB Flys 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
    Cable Crossovers 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
    Pushdowns 4 Sets / 6-8 Reps
    Close Grip Bench 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps
    Dips 3 Sets / 6-8 Reps

2. that looks like a pretty good workout, I'd do leg extensions first if I were you, just to get the blood pumping and try to kick your ass on the squats too, I usually do 6 sets 20, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6 moving up in weight

3. Quote Originally Posted by thedawg3545 View Post
    that looks like a pretty good workout, I'd do leg extensions first if I were you, just to get the blood pumping and try to kick your ass on the squats too, I usually do 6 sets 20, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6 moving up in weight
    Sounds good, ill try that Monday. Thanks!
    •   

4. Also, I am taking:

Pre workout: Creatine Monohydrate & Beta Alanine
    Intra workout: Xtend
    Post Workout: Whey Shake
    Before Bed: Casein Shake

Anyone have any suggestions about my routine or supplements, or does it look all good? Any help is appreciated.

5. IMO i would do my back workout before my biceps workout that way i could lift the most amount of weight. kind of like how you have chest/tris set up. If you are wanting to pre-exhaust muscles, i would suggest doing dumbell pullovers at the beginning of the workout. I get a NICE pump when i do this and i dont have to use as much weight on my other lifts and i also get more out of my back workout

6. Yeah, I just recently started doing my back workout before my biceps, just never changed the order in the notepad where I typed that up, lol. Ill try doing the dumbell pullovers first thing this week. Thanks for the tip.

7. no prob! if you have a nautulus pull over those are the best but i have never seen a gym with one ha!

8. Cosign Rocket. Routine looks similiar to my old one. The only thing I would change is swapping out dips for skull crushers. I've found sc's to pack on the most mass when training the tricep.

9. Yeah I throw in skull crushers every now and then but cant do them too often because it kills my elbows because I have tendonitis in them.

10. One more question:
    I weigh about 160 right now, would it be possible to get up to 175 by June with the supplements im taking right now, or should I add in something? Diet is in check so no changes needed there, just wondering if it would be possible.

*Also if this helps im 5'10 and my body type is ectomorph.

11. Man if you truly push yourself to the limits you can do it! I wouldn't rely on supplements to get your weight up bro, food will take care of that much more effectively.

Cosign on the elbows, I know it can be a bitch sometimes.

12. Alright Hawaiin, thanks, Ill try to change diet and routine up and see what works best, and stick with the supplements I have.

13. Thinking of supplements: The first 6 months i worked out (when i first got into lifting) I was taking essentially the entire line of muscletech products and i think i gained like 3 lbs. I had no idea about diet or anything. When i figured out that diet was most important, i gained like 20lbs of LEAN muscle in a year without any supplements haha. being young is SWEET

Similar Forum Threads

1. Critique my workout please
    By osi0645 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 01:50 AM
  2. workout critique please
    By keater824 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-29-2009, 02:58 PM
  3. Critique my workout!
    By petey7408 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7