A question about joint pain.

captgarrett

Awards
I wasn't 100% positive where to put this post, so forgive me if it's in the wrong area.

Occasionally when I'm lifting heavy weights I feel it a little in my joints. It's not sharp or excessive, but it's there. Now I'm 30. I know I'm not 18 anymore, but I'm not 50 either. I was wondering if there is anything, be it food or supplement or anything that is good for your joints, to keep them developed or help protect them as well. Thx in advance.

USMC7051

USMC7051

Awards
Do you warm up at all before you lift? I use to get sharp pains in my elbow for the first couple of sets until i started warming it up before i lifted to get some blood flow into the joints. Also fish oil, 3-6g a day is good for joints.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well there is something you are doing exercise wise that is aggravating them find out this, pay close attention to form, what exercises cause joint pain, and cut them out , find ways to do them that do not cause pain.

take a week break every couple of months or whenever your joints and mind need it.

this is the best advice I can give you

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you warm up at all before you lift? I use to get sharp pains in my elbow for the first couple of sets until i started warming it up before i lifted to get some blood flow into the joints. Also fish oil, 3-6g a day is good for joints.
great point make sure you warm up do rotator cuff work, lightly stretch before even starting your light warm up sets accumulating the weight until you reach your maximum weight

captgarrett

Awards
awesome, thanks for the help guys. A guy at work also tore his rotator cuff, which is also what had me concerned. The fish oil was on the to do list anyways, but I'll make sure and be extra thorough with my stretching in that shoulder area. Thanks.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Also something little that people forget is proper hydration for joint health. Synovial fluid is largely made up of water, even though it has egg like texture to keep the joints working well.