Getting back in the Gym

Torhment

Awards
Hey everyone this will be my first post and hopefully not my last so I’ll start off with a list of goals and then go from there.
1. Get back in the gym and back on a workout routine
2. For the first month or two I won’t be taking any supplementsonly a multivitamin I want to build up a descent starting point before I start my first cycle. I’m really trying to lose as much Fat as possible Goal is to get down to 8-10% body fat.
3. Work out a good diet plan that will work for me and my needs
4. Research and buy the supplements I’m going to use on my first cycle after I get down to the body fat % that I’m wanting. What I’m wanting to achieve on my first cycle is focusing on building lean muscle mass and strength I’m not looking at getting huge just to be around 185 -195 my current weight and height 5’7 around 170
5. Build endurance

Workout

Day 1 HIIT Training 25 min

10 min worm up
10 min of 30 sec walk 30 sec sprint (9) Reps
5 min cool down
Bench press 4 sets of 10-12 reps
Dumbbell press
Cable crossover
Decline bench press

Day 2

Seated Row 4 sets of 10-12 reps
Ladder pull ups up to 10
Dumbbell rows
Lat pull downs
Abs

Day 3

HIIT Training 25 min
Machine shoulder press 4sets 10-12 reps
Lateral raises
Dips
Upright row

Day 4

Seated machine curls 4 sets of 10-12
Standing EZ bar curls
Upright rows
Dumbbell shrugs
Behind the back barbell shrugs
Abs

Day 5

2 mile run under 20 min
Tricep cable press downs 4 sets of 10-12
Skull crushers
Weighted Dips

Day 6-7 Rest

I’m trying to clean up the way I eat and drink. I usually drink a lot of sodas and eat a lot of fast food so this is a layout of what I am going to try and do for the next month to see how it works for me and then adjust if necessary.

Diet Plan

Breakfast

Opti-Men for a multi-vitamin
2 poached eggs with soft yolks
Boiled Cereal (a mix of spelt flakes, oatmeal, Quinoa)
Banana, or peanut butter banana sandwich, depending on hunger
2 cups of Green Tea (with a splash of apple cider and honey)

First break

Avocado
2 bottles of water or
Green tea with nothing added

Lunch

Chicken or small fish with rice
More water

Second break

Some sort of fruit
Green tea or water

Dinner (preferably at least two hours before bed)

More chicken with brown rice and veggies
2 cups of White tea or Water

So this is what I have so far any feedback would be appreciated. Again this is without any supplements only a multi- vitamin I will be starting this routine and diet plan 1 JAN then starting my first cycle 1 MARCH like I mentioned before I’m researching supplements that will help build lean muscle mass and strength for my first cycle I’m not looking to start out with anything too harsh like injectables or anything like that was just looking mostly into orals like applied nutraceuticals THE ONE.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look into a 5x5 program to add mass to your frame while still concurrently utilizing HIIT. As your body adjusts, remember to adjust your diet as well; the more you weigh, the more kcals you will need to gain mass and/or maintain.

As for any AAS, injectables are actually much less harsh than orals, but that is moot as you should not be looking into any form of hormonal assistance.

bleedingthrou

bleedingthrou

Awards
If youre looking to run a cycle of ph/ps you better get a move on and pull the trigger, theyre not going to be sold anymore in like 3 weeks!!!

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
If youre looking to run a cycle of ph/ps you better get a move on and pull the trigger, theyre not going to be sold anymore in like 3 weeks!!!
at 22 and a relative novice , he doesnt need encouraging to take ph/ps.

Torhment

Awards
Hey everyone thanks for the replies and concern about me wanting o take ph/ps i agree with corsaking and Rodja i dont think im ready to be takeing any ph/ps im new to all this and dont think i have the knowlege yet to attemp a cycle but as bleedingthrou mentioned the 3 week time frame to get some of this stuff would it be wise to purchase some now and store it for later use i dont know the shelf life for any off this so i wouldent want to buy somethind with the entent to use it later on and have it expire and mess myself up even more and for the 5x5 program do you have any sugestions or pointers.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Im not in any way advocating the use of PH's to you but i think it would be smart to pick some up for LATER on down the road you really want to get as much progress without a PH as you can before you jump into one your still tweaking things but due to the ban id pick up something store it but dont get tempted to use it.

Torhment

Awards
yea im trying to do as much resurch as i can on them b4 they get band or sold out so for im looking at
m-drol
h-drol
TREN liqua-vade
The One Appnut

im a little hesatent about TREN liqua-vade they came out with like 500 bottles and just started seling them so i cant fiend any feedback on the product so idk if they did that on purpose or not but without anuff info i probly wont consider it do you have any sugestions on anything i might be overlooking that would help build lean muscle mass hardness and straingth

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
H-drol is a basically the stepping stones to most its generally everyones first cycle so id suggest that and maybe pick up one other M-drol is pretty harsh and personally id go with the one.

Torhment

Awards
thank for the info im probly going to go for H-drol and the one as far as shelf life i have been reading around two years is this acurate im wanting to wait a while b4 i start takeing anything. Im wanting to get my diet and workout down first and get back to what i was lifting back in high school whitch was around 200 bench, 185 power clean, 300 squats, 350 deadlift that was back in 2006 so im not too sure on the numbers i was 5'7 around 185lb

indianballer

indianballer

Awards
  • Established
That layout has u doing upright rows two days in a row...thats not going to feel good I promise...I like the way you have the muscle groups split up though...I might do something kind of similar when I get back to driving myself to the gym.

I would def up your protein tho...just throw in a protein shake in the morning and post workout and get some more chicken breasts (they're sweet with mrs. dash) like 8 more oz a day...that will keep your kcals low but let your body have enough protein to handle the kind of workout your throwing at it...esp if you're "getting back in the gym"

bleedingthrou

bleedingthrou

Awards
cut the uprights out of your trap day, and use a wide grip upright on shoulder day, it will focus most of the resistance on the medial head of the deltoid which. Also i would get rid of the decline press, and start your chest day off w/ incline press. personally i prefer to do incline barbell and flat dumbbell. my own preference though.

Torhment

Awards
That layout has u doing upright rows two days in a row...thats not going to feel good I promise...I like the way you have the muscle groups split up though...I might do something kind of similar when I get back to driving myself to the gym.

I would def up your protein tho...just throw in a protein shake in the morning and post workout and get some more chicken breasts (they're sweet with mrs. dash) like 8 more oz a day...that will keep your kcals low but let your body have enough protein to handle the kind of workout your throwing at it...esp if you're "getting back in the gym"
yea ill fix the upright row and up the protein i like the shake idea just seams easy. A friend of mine is going to be doing this with me so we should be able to motivate each other to get up and go sort of make it a compatition whould work out for us.

Torhment

Awards
cut the uprights out of your trap day, and use a wide grip upright on shoulder day, it will focus most of the resistance on the medial head of the deltoid which. Also i would get rid of the decline press, and start your chest day off w/ incline press. personally i prefer to do incline barbell and flat dumbbell. my own preference though.
I'll take your advise i need to work my uper chest more than my lower i might be rong but incline bech works it more than decline right i have always just worked the flat bench.