Need To pack on some mass... QUICK

Neverenough40

Awards
Hey guys (and girls) im new to the forum but have been working out for about 3 years now. Never really did any research into the science behind anything but now im in kind of a tight spot. I the agency i work for has posted an opening for the SWAT team. right now im 5'9 215 lbs and about 15% bf... I need to lean out and pack on some size in the next few months if i have any intentions of getting on this team, considering the smallest guy is about 5'10 225 and 8% bf.

Right now im lifting 5 days a weeks and takinf superpump250 pre-w/o Size-On during my workout and Optimum 2:1:1 Recovery post workout.

My workout looks something like this:

Day 1
Chest
4 Sets flat dumbell press
3 sets incline barbell press
3 sets incline flyes
3 sets machine presses
3 sets cable flyes

Day 2
Back

4 sets pull ups
3 sets chin ups
3 sets close grip pull downs
3 sets bent over rows
3 sets one arm cable rows
3 sets dumbell rows

Day 3
Shoulders

4 sets dumbell press
3 sets upright rows
3 sets hang cleans
3 sets lateral raises
3 sets front raises
3 sets arnold presses
3 sets of bb shrugs
3 sets of either dumbell or machine shrugs

Day4

Legs

3 sets squats
3 sets front squats
3 sets hack squats
3 sets leg extensions
3 sets leg curls
3 sets seated calf raises s/s with donkey calf raises

Day 5 arms
tris
3 sets one arm push downs
3 sets rope pushdowns
3 sets skullcrushers
3 sets machine extensions
bis
3 sets sumbell curls
3 sets preacher curls
3 sets machine curls
3 sets hammer curls
forearms
4 sets behind back wrist curls s/s with overhand curls
3 sets wrist curls on a bench

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
whats the rest of ur diet look like maybe then we can help. also if ur trying to lean up whats ur cardio schedule like? u may want to up the fasted cardio and lift with higher volume lower weight to get ur metabolism revvin. and of course leaning up is IMO 45% diet 45 % training 10% supplementation. idk if ur looking for diet advice, training advice or supp advice . supp wise if u wanna lean up without any stims get a nutrient partitioner like glycobol or anabolic pump. if u want a fat burner aswell look into buying the 6 pack stack from nutra which is anabolic pump and recreate which both are highly regarded products . and if u really wanna get serious supplement wise without PH/ds. u could get some 6-bromo, and something like drive or nutras forskolin caps and divanil to stack with the bromo. so to recap 6bromo,forskolin, divanil, and 6 pack stack from usplabs would be good. thats just my opinion tho

Neverenough40

Awards
Not really looking to lean out all that much. it would be nice, but right now im just looking to pack on some quality muscle. i can worry about cutting up later. My cardio schedule is garbage to be honest. 1-2 days a week ill run 3 mils in the morning. thats really it. My diet is pretty good. i eat 5x a day, all my lunches are packed and brought to work with me at hte beginning of the week. and a few shakes throughout the day as well

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
sanchez gives some good advice here. The only thing I'll say is its probably more like 75%+ diet. OP - research the anabolic diet.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
do u count your calories or at least keep track of your macros? if you dont meal plan like i do you can sign up at fitday.com and u just enter what u eat and it calculates cals and macros for u. nd yeah diet is the most important but still a good diet without good training wont get u muscle is what i was trying to elude to. but neway are u looking for diet advice or supp advice?

Neverenough40

Awards
Looking for some supp advice and also if anyone can critique my workout... not sure if im doing enough, or should be doing something differently

Neverenough40

Awards
I have 2 bottles of halovar sitting in my man-cave that ive been waiting to use... dont know if this would be a good time to start taking them

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
every single day is complete overkill. 2-3 movements tops. you forgot deadlifts, too.
condense and make a 4 day split.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
do u count your calories or at least keep track of your macros? if you dont meal plan like i do you can sign up at fitday.com and u just enter what u eat and it calculates cals and macros for u. nd yeah diet is the most important but still a good diet without good training wont get u muscle is what i was trying to elude to. but neway are u looking for diet advice or supp advice?
yeah we are on the same page here

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
every single day is complete overkill. 2-3 movements tops. you forgot deadlifts, too.
condense and make a 4 day split.
2x on that. Try fewer exercises more weight.

Neverenough40

Awards
I just never felt like 3 excersizes would be enough.... guess i just need to add more weight. i just joined fitday this morning and its pretty cool, wish id found out about it sooner

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
i agree increase the weight and less exercises total, keep track of ur cals for a few weeks, see where u get and then decide what supplement would be right for ur goals. plus if u dont kno ur maintenance cals u wont kno where to start when u chose to cut or bulk

Neverenough40

Awards
very true... this fitday thing is telling me im obese lol

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
yeah it tells me to eat alot less than i actually need. thats why i do it all manually . i take 30 mins a day to make a meal plan on paper and i calculate it all out. its easier to be sure im getting exactly what i need that way. its quicker for me to do it manually because i kno the macros of pretty much everything since i eat similar **** everyday and its easier than searching for each food in a database

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
yeah it tells me to eat alot less than i actually need. thats why i do it all manually . i take 30 mins a day to make a meal plan on paper and i calculate it all out. its easier to be sure im getting exactly what i need that way. its quicker for me to do it manually because i kno the macros of pretty much everything since i eat similar **** everyday and its easier than searching for each food in a database
i do it manually too. if i need macros i google it or calorieking.com isnt terrible.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
yup i use calorieking when i eat something out of the ordinary. it seems like its right for most things. but in reality even labels lie sometimes which is easy to spot when u count up the macros it claims but then it has less calories then what it says or vice versa

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
yup i use calorieking when i eat something out of the ordinary. it seems like its right for most things. but in reality even labels lie sometimes which is easy to spot when u count up the macros it claims but then it has less calories then what it says or vice versa
right - prepackaged foods in general are silent killers. Most nutrition should come from fresh meats or cheeses, natural pb and healthy oils, fresh vegetables, etc. Prepackaged food seems like an easy solution but.... buyer beware.

EDIT: Of course, we all eat it sometimes.... :spam:--->:jaw:

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
if u keep to the 1 ingredient per label rule ull be good lol

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
if u keep to the 1 ingredient per label rule ull be good lol
very true. like 1 ingredient = 1 snowball, 1 cheeseburger, or 1 order of buffalo hcicken wings (blue cheese included) :32: <-- me drooling

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
solution: DC routine,... if your diet is up to par,.. Gains will be fast and solid.

Rommel65

Awards
Yep yep

I just never felt like 3 excersizes would be enough.... guess i just need to add more weight. i just joined fitday this morning and its pretty cool, wish id found out about it sooner
When I was bulking I gained about 60 lbs in 6 months, now I'm trimming the fat off. During bulking I only did half of your routine, but super heavy. My weight and strength shot through the roof. For example, I did a 3 day split. Chest, back, arms/legs. Chest was only bench, incline DB, cables. Heavy and until failure with each set, never more than 10 reps unless warming up. Probably 5 sets for each. Lift heavy and eat more, you will get bigger.

codywaters

codywaters

Awards
I need to lean out and pack on some size in the next few months if i have any intentions of getting on this team,
Sorry man, I think you need to do more research on what the position requires and what is possible. As an ex special ops soldier in the military, there is no real reason to put on any bulk for the job. you need to have great cardio and good muscle endurance. I am ashamed to promote crossfit, but that may be the program for you....

Goody

Awards
Thats a lot of volume there...
I would suggest a 4 day split...M-T. Off Wed. Thr-Fri.
might wanna try working more than one BP per day too...traditional push/pull and variations are real good.
compound lifts, lotsa intensity/mental focus.
Very hard to bulk up and cut up at the same time unless your on the gear IMO.