DOMS from P90X, am I overtraining

drvinnybombat

Awards
So lately I'm getting delayed onset muscle soreness from P90x. Mainly I get it in my chest/tri/shoulder from doing a ton of pushups on certain days. I do notice this in other muscles as well.

Is DOMS only "good" with heavy weight routines?

Is the fact that this happens good or bad?

Should I be worried about overtraining?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
no you aren't over training because you are sore. The fact that you are sore just means you are doing something right.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Ya P90X is usually a change for people it involves lots of pushups pullups which can be a different kind of workout then traditional bodybuilding so muscle soreness is of course welcome because it shows you are infact hitting the muscles hard.

drvinnybombat

Awards
It's not that I'm getting sore, it's how I'm getting sore. I feel the pump, then I feel nothing until the next day. My soreness is so sharply delayed. It just seemed a bit unusual, but does not get in the way of my workout.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DOMS takes up to 48 hours. Since you're doing high rep work, the soreness is much different because it's hitting different types of muscle fibers.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
DOMS takes up to 48 hours. Since you're doing high rep work, the soreness is much different because it's hitting different types of muscle fibers.
This.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 3
Supplements 14
Supplements 30
Training Forum 8
Whacked Supplements 28