Any1 had pressure in there head while jogging?

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I have been on a calorie deficit for about a month, gradually increasing my cardio, I have sports drinks sometimes but probably not as much as I should, I am probably not having enough sodium in my diet, I worked it out to be only about 1gram a day, and I do drink 2-3 litres of water per day. Since this incident I have upped my sodium to 2 grams a day but it doesn't seem to of helped.

Sometimes when I get up quickly I get a bit dizzy this has been happening for a long time and it doesn't really bother me so I haven't thought much of it until now.

I was jogging as usual a few days ago, I do 5mph for 30mins on a treadmill, but 20mins in I put my head up from looking down at my feet and my head started pounding, I put my head down again and it went away, then when I looked back up it was a whole lot worse, so bad I had to get off, it subsided pretty quickly but I was left with a feeling like I got slight pressure in my head.

I looked up the symptoms and such and from what I have gathered if it was anything serious I would of been in a lot of pain and had double vision, I haven't had any pain or anything effecting my vision.

I know the internet isn't such a place to be asking for any advice on this cause it could be something serious but I did see my doctor yesterday and he brushed it off as low blood pressure, saying although it would of felt like blood was rushing to my head, what would of happened was as I put my head up I would of had a drop in blood pressure which feels like a rise in blood pressure.

If it continues I will be getting a 2nd opinion, but for now I have given cardio a break and continuing the increase in sodium for a few days, and I dont think I will be looking down while jogging again.

I know this could be a lot of things but wondering if other people have experienced this and what it was for them.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Yea thats what I thought about 1st, but I think what they would actually do is the tilt table test. Stress test = heart, tilt table = head. Or maybe I am wrong.
I am hoping for the stress test though, cause the goal of the tilt table is to have the patient pass out.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
does it happen at other times? Last year I was lifting and my vision went black and got a killer migraine that lasted 5 days before I could get in to see the doctor. I had a severe chronic sinus infection blocking passages in my skull where pressure would be released. The pressure built up and was moving my brain around when I lifted.

jim623

does it happen at other times? Last year I was lifting and my vision went black and got a killer migraine that lasted 5 days before I could get in to see the doctor. I had a severe chronic sinus infection blocking passages in my skull where pressure would be released. The pressure built up and was moving my brain around when I lifted.
Oh wow, what did they do about it? I've had sinus surgery, it helped a little but now my allergies are worse and I get sinus headaches almost dailey. I live on advil cold and sinus.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Only when I exert myself, I did 2 10min sessions the day after this happened, keeping my head straight as possible and it returned a bit but wasn't anywhere near as bad.

Did you have an MRI?

I am getting a blood test tomorrow should be interesting to see if my CRP(inflammation marker) is elevated.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Oh wow, what did they do about it? I've had sinus surgery, it helped a little but now my allergies are worse and I get sinus headaches almost dailey. I live on advil cold and sinus.
Only when I exert myself, I did 2 10min sessions the day after this happened, keeping my head straight as possible and it returned a bit but wasn't anywhere near as bad.

Did you have an MRI?

I am getting a blood test tomorrow should be interesting to see if my CRP(inflammation marker) is elevated.
yeah I needed an MRI which discovered the problem. I went on some steroids and antibiotics to get rid of the problem. **** sucked soo bad. I had to take 4 weeks off from the gym.

jim623

I've heard sulphur drugs are good for reoccurring sinus problems.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I just did a heap of research, seems for it to be serious it really needs to be a severe sudden pain that subsides and even then it doesn't guarantee severity.

I came across a forum with a big thread on exertion headaches and they all described my symptoms exactly. I wasn't breathing enough, headache was residual for the rest of the day.

I passed one wall(ankle pain) to hit another, I just assumed my next wall would of been me running out of breath or feeling light headed or nauseous, exertion headaches are much scarier. I have had my vision fade and thought I was gonna pass/black out before while walking back from the gym, but that's nowhere near as scary as thinking your having an aneurysm.

I gotta sit on my ass for the next 2-4 weeks and ease back into everything slowly.

jim623

I just did a heap of research, seems for it to be serious it really needs to be a severe sudden pain that subsides and even then it doesn't guarantee severity.

I came across a forum with a big thread on exertion headaches and they all described my symptoms exactly. I wasn't breathing enough, headache was residual for the rest of the day.

I passed one wall(ankle pain) to hit another, I just assumed my next wall would of been me running out of breath or feeling light headed or nauseous, exertion headaches are much scarier. I have had my vision fade and thought I was gonna pass/black out before while walking back from the gym, but that's nowhere near as scary as thinking your having an aneurysm.

I gotta sit on my ass for the next 2-4 weeks and ease back into everything slowly.
I'd still talk to a doctor my friend.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I'd still talk to a doctor my friend.
I did, I wouldnt post before seeing a doctor for something like this, he said it wasn't serious, if it returns I will get a second opinion.

jim623

I did, I wouldnt post before seeing a doctor for something like this, he said it wasn't serious, if it returns I will get a second opinion.
Good deal man! Iget these sudden sharp pains in my head when benching from time to time. All due to not paying attention to my breathing. Funny how that effects everything.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I have been on a calorie deficit for about a month, gradually increasing my cardio, I have sports drinks sometimes but probably not as much as I should, I am probably not having enough sodium in my diet, I worked it out to be only about 1gram a day, and I do drink 2-3 litres of water per day. Since this incident I have upped my sodium to 2 grams a day but it doesn't seem to of helped.

I might suggest drinking more water. 2-3 liters of water isn't that much if you are working hard and on calorie deficit. Could just be effects of dehydration. It is a bit cheaper than some medical tests. Not discounting the need to be cautious, but that was the first thing that jumped out at me that would be the easiest to try to correct.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
Try concentrating on breathing - sounds simple but head problems like dizyness and blackouts are 90% of the time caused by a lack of Oxygen, now that could be something serious like blood pressure (keep in mind if O lvls drop you heart rate and bp increase that's how your body solves O problems moving O from he lungs to the body faster) asthma, anemia, cholesterol, etc. OR it could mean your too focused to breath correctly, the room is not well ventilated, or to many people are in the room exhaling CO2 and taking all the good air :)