after increasing why cant i maintain?

protempsfish

Awards
Last week I increased the weight in the peck deck by 10 lbs. and was able to complete my 5 sets. This week I couldnt even come close to completing the 5 sets. I was done after 2!! Should I decrease the weight again and see what happens nexxt week? I thought for sure after last week that I had moved up. This hasnt happened before so not sure why this happened this week.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
Well I dunno, are you eating enough? Are you doing other chest exercises during the week to hinder recovery?

A 10 pound increase is a good amount....if the plates are 10 pounds throw a 5 pound dumbell on top instead. Try that and see what happens.

protempsfish

Awards
Well I dunno, are you eating enough? Are you doing other chest exercises during the week to hinder recovery?

A 10 pound increase is a good amount....if the plates are 10 pounds throw a 5 pound dumbell on top instead. Try that and see what happens.
Thanks for the reply. I used to do chest all in one work out (Mondays) but found that when doing bench press AND pecs in the same work out that it wasnt as effective as spacing it out. Maybe I should go back to doing chest all in one workout?

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply. I used to do chest all in one work out (Mondays) but found that when doing bench press AND pecs in the same work out that it wasnt as effective as spacing it out. Maybe I should go back to doing chest all in one workout?
Id deffinately target chest all in one workout hit it hard that same day and you'll see better gains i dont know how your doing it now but generally i do all my chest exercises in one day.