Arm growth vs Body growth

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
morning AM

I've been bulking for 4 weeks now and my arms are not growing the way my chest, back and quads are.

I understand that those are bigger muscles but still, I would expect to see some sort of proportional growth in my arms but it's not happening.

When I started, my arms were 12.7 inches untensed in the morning on empty stomach. Now they're 13" untensed in the morning on empty stomach. That's either very minimal gain or no gain at all if my measurements were incorrect. :grumpy:...but my quads have gained reasonable size as has my back... just not my arms

The routine i do is:

Monday / Friday

Squats 3 x 8
Inclined Bench Press 3 x 8
Military Press 3 x 8
Barbell bent over rows 3 x 8
BB curls 3 x 8
Calve Raises 3 x 15

Wednesday

Deadlifts 3 x 8
weighted Wide Grip pull ups 3 x 10
weighted Dips 3 x 10
Leg lifts 3 x 20
weighted Crunches 3 x 20

So any help would be much appreciated on what i'm currently doing wrong. On other threads it says CG bench press and skull crushers should help. I'm not sure how to incorporate them though.

Thanks,

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Heres mine

Superset 1
-Barbell curls/ 10 reps, 6 reps, 12 reps
-Laying down(on bench) skull crushers/ 10 reps, 6 reps, 12 reps

Superset 2
-Seated inclined dumbbell curls/ 10 reps, 6 reps, 12 reps
-Overhead dumbbell extintion,2 arms/ 10 reps, 6 reps, 12 reps

Superset3
-Preacher/ 10 reps, 6 reps, 12 reps
-weighted dips 10 reps, 6 reps, 12 reps

Superset 4
-Arnold curls/ 10 reps, 6 reps, 12 reps
- hammer curls/ 10 reps, 6 reps, 12 reps
-Pushdowns / 10 reps, 6 reps, 12 reps

Superset 5/ triset
-Tricep pushdowns 10 reps, 8 reps, 6 reps
-Reverse Pushdowns 10 reps, 8 reps, 6 reps
-over head pushdowns 10 reps, 8 reps, 6 reps
-21's Barbell Curl 1st set- normal grip, 2nd set- close grip, 3rd set wide grip

Superset 6, 3 sets each
-Reverse barbell curls/ 10 reps, 8 reps, 6 reps
-Wrist curls, 20, 15, 15
- reverse wrist curl, 15, 15, 15
- behind the back wrist curls 20, 15, 10

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
ya it heppans. mine are 16.5 and my quads are 29, chest is 51

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is my arms day:

* Barbell Curls, 6 sets x 6 reps
* Cable Pressdowns, 6 x 6
* Preacher Curls, 6 x 6
* Close-Grip Bench Press, 6 x 6
* Incline Hammer Curls, 6 x 6
* Dips, 6 x 6

My full routine: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/138688-needed-new-routine.html
12.7" to 13" is a 3% increase. What do you want in 4 weeks?

18 sets of direct bicep work. If you can do 18 sets then you are not working hard enough for the first 12 to 14 sets. If you haven't killed them in 4 to 6 sets your wasting your time.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
12.7" to 13" is a 3% increase. What do you want in 4 weeks?

18 sets of direct bicep work. If you can do 18 sets then you are not working hard enough for the first 12 to 14 sets. If you haven't killed them in 4 to 6 sets your wasting your time.

Looking at it from that angle, it seems I have gained something.. (assuming my measurements were accurate). But I regularly hear many people ( who're gear free) talking about how they can gain a whole inch to their arm in a month. That's why i was thinking 0.3 of an inch gain was pretty minimal and want to know if there's anything I can do to speed up growth in my arms (without the use of gear or PH).

xink

Awards
  • Established
Looking at it from that angle, it seems I have gained something.. (assuming my measurements were accurate). But I regularly hear many people ( who're gear free) talking about how they can gain a whole inch to their arm in a month.
Meh... I don't know about that, that sounds pretty extreme 'all natural'... Also, remember we aren't all built the same! I'm similar to you in that my arms are HARD gainers!!! I've gone my whole life having very small arms, but a great chest and legs like a f*cking oak all without doing anything! My arms, however, I can work like crazy yet they grow slow...

Slow and steady man, be patient, they'll get their, you may want to consider switching up your routine though, looks a little thin to me.

X

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
lift arms b4 your compounds once or twice per week

embrance

Awards
Make no mistake you have gained.In 3 months that a fullinch even at tha rate of growth.Also Charles Poliquin DID mention that people forget that he body is a machine.It tend sto be symetric.Unless you gain weight in WHOLE your body,your arms wont grow.Simple as that.Exaple:If you are 75kg and have a 35cm arms,no matter how much you train them they wont grow more unless you go beyond 75kg body weight.Siple as that and I have seen that on myself as well.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
alright thanks guys. I am gaining arm size but it's just happening very slow compared to what i'd wish for. None the less it's happening, so i think i'll stick with what i'm doing.

Jaidmaster

Jaidmaster

Awards
I seem to remember reading you need to gain about 10lbs to see an inch increase in the arms...?

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
more volume. i am joj right now my work out is
bis
e z bar 3s x10-12r
preacher db 3s x 10r
consentration 2sx10r
rev curl 3sx10r
over head cable 3s x12r
hammer 2s x10r
that is just bis about the same for tris when not joj i tone it down alot

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
damn, that's a lot. No wonder i don't see much arm growth. My overall body growth has only gone up by barely 2kg.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
It has taken me about 2 years to put on a half an inch naturally, for some people arm growth is very difficult, similar to calf growth

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Couldn't agree more.
I could agree more. I hit my biceps with way more than 6 sets. A beginner may need less and everyone if different... but i think going more than 6 sets is fine and for me necessary. i do 15+ sets i kno im a lil crazy but i get good results.