Lying ham curls vs. seated.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
My dilema. I hate the seated once, i feel like they target more near the glute/ham tie in. I like the lying cause i feel more in the middle of the ham where the sweep can develop.

Ideas on bigger hams, preference to machine, where do you feel it?

I also rely on SLDL(stiff leg dead-lifts) for ham growth and they work ok for me, but i know i need to hit them in more ways than one.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Do all three, seated and lying leg curls, SLDL's will tear them up if you focus, and go heavy for sets of 10-15. The SLDl's really stretch them out which is critical. Deep lunges, sumo wide stance leg presses, and feet forward deep hack squats hammer my hams and glutes too. If you have a single leg ham curl machine, you could use that also.

BifWebster

Awards
Seated is a very unnatural position. You never really need to use your hamstrings in that manner/movement path. Lying will be easier on your joints and a more natural movement. I would stick with those and when they get too easy just use one leg at a time.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Seated is a very unnatural position. You never really need to use your hamstrings in that manner/movement path. Lying will be easier on your joints and a more natural movement. I would stick with those and when they get too easy just use one leg at a time.
That makes sense about the seated. I am just suprised how little i get out of it. How is it alot or awkard on the joints though?

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
My gym has a standing (kneeling) single leg hammy leg curl machine...beats sitting or laying down any day IMHO. Its built by hammer strength.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
My gym has a standing (kneeling) single leg hammy leg curl machine...beats sitting or laying down any day IMHO. Its built by hammer strength.
yea the gym i train at doesnt have it but the one a bit further away does. I use it when to go there cause i too think it beats them all.