i Hate when fat people give me exercise advice!!!!!! does ne1 else have this problem

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
there was some huge fat ass that tried giving me advice on lifting, diet and how to start gaining mass. ya ****ing right. the only mass he has ever gained is around his waist line. does any one else ever have this problem

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Now what is the common factor in this problem everytime it happens? IT'S YOU!!! :D

Maybe you are the fatty attractor.

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
i hope not cause it pisses me off. it has happend to me twice now and i get so pissed.

roanethehulk

Awards
I just tell them to go eat a doughnut and get the F*** outta my face. Damn I hate that stuff.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
Lmao long story short, i had to help my gf's dad's friend (54, overweight, out of shape) unload a truck of
chopped wood.

10 minutes in as he's downing a long neck bud light he starts
telling me about how money is all about your health. If you dont
have good health you wont make good money and how
kids my age need to exercise and be active more instead of play video games.

I just laugh and think to my self how easily i could kick this old mans ass,
as he continues to say i couldnt last a half hour chopping wood
even though he goes out and chops wood 15 hours at a time.

Gotta love big headed old men :thumbsup:

NatureBoy88

Awards
I knew a fat kid who used to weigh 285 a year and a half ago. He was the definition of fat as he used to eat crap and drink beers like they were water (college).

However, he was always a very strong kid, naturally able to bench his own weight without a struggle, squat at least 1.5x his weight. He's now down to 177 3% body fat and is competing in a naturals show.

I, personally, am a pretty average athletic build. Not big at all - I'm 5'11", 165 lb, 10% body fat, but I have a lot of knowledge to back up my training. I have a background in science, kinesiology, and nutrition (no proper certifications however). I was putting up 190 (95 lb dumbells) when I Weighed 163 at the peak of my training.

I know 150 lb skinny guys, who are stronger, healthier, and more fit than half of the people you probably go to for advice, train with, or see at the gym.

Point being, looks can often be very deceiving. Don't always shrug off these fat people as having no use to you whatsoever. If you're really bothered by them, especially in the gym, concentrate further on your workout and tune them out brotha.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Maybe they used to be in great shape one time. Life happens and they became that fatty. I used to think I'll never be fat. I probably won't , but I don't know what life has in store for me. After having years of experience in the gym and hearing the horror stories of peoples lives you realize how people can become like that. You might think that will never be you but you never know. They probably thought the same thing. A family member dies, they lose their job, one thing after another, they go into a deep depression, they can barely get the strength to get themselves out of bed. Over time the weight comes on. Then down the road life turns around and there they are.. fat and ready to get back in shape..

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Knowledge isn't always applied but it doesn't make it any less effective in practice. Basically, I just listen to what people have to say as long as it doesn't interfere with my workout. I'll have a discussion with anyone about lifting related fitness. I had a skinny guy give me pointers on olympic lifting to work on form. I could lift more than him easily with bad form but once I changed my form up my lifts increased.

A guy with 10 years experience and and education in dietary nutrition has the same information whether he's 300 pounds or 100. the issue is when people look solely at a person's physique and automatically assume that they had a clue on how they got to that point (great genetics, pushed as a child from parents, steroids, etc) and can adjust that information to apply to your specific ability and goal.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lmao long story short, i had to help my gf's dad's friend (54, overweight, out of shape) unload a truck of
chopped wood.

10 minutes in as he's downing a long neck bud light he starts
telling me about how money is all about your health. If you dont
have good health you wont make good money and how
kids my age need to exercise and be active more instead of play video games.

I just laugh and think to my self how easily i could kick this old mans ass,
as he continues to say i couldnt last a half hour chopping wood
even though he goes out and chops wood 15 hours at a time.

Gotta love big headed old men :thumbsup:
I wouldnt negate him in the least. Might be 54 look overweight and out of shape but if dude can swing an ax for 15 hours at a time he has fitness for sure.

That generation has a different work ethic than yours. He has probably done manual labor his whole life and can take down most fit people your age group up to and including you.

So before you discount someone because they down a brew while doing work, know he has probably seen more, and done more work in his 54 years than you will ever do in a life time. Believe what you want about his generation, but they definitely had a much stronger work ethic and pride than this generation does.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Knowledge isn't always applied but it doesn't make it any less effective in practice. Basically, I just listen to what people have to say as long as it doesn't interfere with my workout. I'll have a discussion with anyone about lifting related fitness. I had a skinny guy give me pointers on olympic lifting to work on form. I could lift more than him easily with bad form but once I changed my form up my lifts increased.

A guy with 10 years experience and and education in dietary nutrition has the same information whether he's 300 pounds or 100. the issue is when people look solely at a person's physique and automatically assume that they had a clue on how they got to that point (great genetics, pushed as a child from parents, steroids, etc) and can adjust that information to apply to your specific ability and goal.
Couldn't agree more dude.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
This reminds me of a seminar I went to. The dietician who spoke there was over weight. A few trainers whispered before she began.."how are we gonna take advice from her, she's fat". I can't say I didn't notice her weight but I tried not to judge her thinking, their must be a reason. Well she opened up right away with saying, I know a few of you have probably already said to yourself, how are you gonna listen to a fat lady give nutrition advice? A few laughed and she went on to say that she's the only women in her family that is under 300lbs. Her whole family is morbidly obese. She was around 200lbs herself. She said for her it was a great achievement and she has such a strict diet just to maintain that weight. She is one of the top booked dieticians in the city.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
I love even more when skinny guys try to show me "techniques" for better workouts or the newest supp in the muscle-tech line lol this guy the other day was telling me how great cryotest was... that it was about like steroids but legal... and i couldn't convince him otherwise... retardation comes in many forms, thats something we as humans must accept haha

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
Hey, what i have found is it takes "All Kinds", I have come acrossed sum really bull headed people in the gym, think they know it all, and if you don't do it their way your wrong, and i have also bumped into the fat freakin stinky guy, that does all his lifts with bad form and way too much weight that will tell your doing it wrong and smells up your space, and the only thing i can say is"grains of salt" man. Theses people all have sumthing to offer you in one way or another, wether it be the smallest bit of extra info you didn't have before, or if sum fat ass comes over and starts bugging the **** outta ya, get pissed and use it in your werkout. What im trying to point out is that, its all in how you look at the situation.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Hey, what i have found is it takes "All Kinds", I have come acrossed sum really bull headed people in the gym, think they know it all, and if you don't do it their way your wrong, and i have also bumped into the fat freakin stinky guy, that does all his lifts with bad form and way too much weight that will tell your doing it wrong and smells up your space, and the only thing i can say is"grains of salt" man. Theses people all have sumthing to offer you in one way or another, wether it be the smallest bit of extra info you didn't have before, or if sum fat ass comes over and starts bugging the **** outta ya, get pissed and use it in your werkout. What im trying to point out is that, its all in how you look at the situation.
Does anybody else notice the subtle similarities in this post? Not hijaking, but I have heard that SUMthing before.:01:

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
Does anybody else notice the subtle similarities in this post? Not hijaking, but I have heard that SUMthing before.:01:
SUMthin is my word, and don't know what ur trying to ghet at?

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I'm polite with whatever advice I'm given, good or bad, from whomever. Its what I do with the advice after that matters.....usually its in one ear and out the other :D

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
This reminds me of a seminar I went to. The dietician who spoke there was over weight. A few trainers whispered before she began.."how are we gonna take advice from her, she's fat". I can't say I didn't notice her weight but I tried not to judge her thinking, their must be a reason. Well she opened up right away with saying, I know a few of you have probably already said to yourself, how are you gonna listen to a fat lady give nutrition advice? A few laughed and she went on to say that she's the only women in her family that is under 300lbs. Her whole family is morbidly obese. She was around 200lbs herself. She said for her it was a great achievement and she has such a strict diet just to maintain that weight. She is one of the top booked dieticians in the city.
Thats a great example as to why weight is misleading ok he is fat so like in this story his whole family is 300+ pounds he is 200. I mean you dont know what they've been through to be that weight, if you truely know the person like you have known them your whole life and they give you advice when you darn well know they dont know what there doing then fine say i dont need your advice. But if you just met them give them a chance, Just listen what to they have to say if you dont agree nod your head and continue lifting thank him for the advice and take it with a grain of salt. Look back on it later realize it was bad advice ok, no harm done but if he has got something good to say listen.

Just i dont think its right to completely negate listening to someone for advice based on there physical stature.

rush808

rush808

Awards
those who can't do, teach. does the coach goes in the game?

BUT yea, I had a few nay say'ers, not in the best shape tell me some off the wall or contradicting advice.

and the same ppl are looking the same.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
my football coach is real fat but i always listien to wat he had to say

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
People can be intellignet and not practice what they preach. What takes away credibility, but if a doctor smokes, you're still gonna listen to him