Athletic Training Advice needed.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Alright first let me state my goal, its not a traditional bodybuilding goal like most of the people on this site but athletic performance. My overall goals are of course to lean out while gaining muscle but not nesacarily size. I have had some ideas floating around in my head as what my routine should be as im looking to change it up. I know Theres quite a few Premade routines for athletic performance but im looking to tailor make one of my own.

Some things i wish to incorparate and others i need help from you deciding the best layout. Im planning on using the P90X Kenpo X, Pylometrics, Yoga X, And possibly some of the stretching thats all i plan to use for that but an i idea i had for a possible layout which is something i just thought of and wanted some critque.

Monday-Heavy Upper Body
Tuesday-Light Lower Body
Wednesday-Kenpo X (For those that dont know basically punching, kicking)
Thursday-Light Upper Body
Friday-Heavy Lower Body
Saturday-Yoga X, X stretching
Sunday-Pylometrics (jumping drills)

Heavy Body days incorparating 8-10 Rep Range and Lower Body days incorparating 12-15 Rep Range, i am a person who prefers to work each body body twice a week and this way works i think for that. Its an idea i had please critique or suggest a different way cause im all ears here.

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
Crossfit, functional training and plyometrics. look up all three and make a program out of them. crossfit one day, plyo the next, rest, than some functional strength training and stretching and youll have yourself a great program.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think you'll find crossfit alone has a good combination of it all. There is a lot of ply in crossfit and it focuses on functional fitness which is why it is touted so much by military particularly the spec ops bunch, law enforcement, fire fighters and athletes etc. It's funny how the one's who's lives depend on their fitness the most are the ones who back it the most.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Ya crossfit is really intriguing and ive looked at it multiple times i do have forms of pylo and stretching already as well as i mentioned kenpo but im gonna look to combine some of crossfit with some of what i have already.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ya crossfit is really intriguing and ive looked at it multiple times i do have forms of pylo and stretching already as well as i mentioned kenpo but im gonna look to combine some of crossfit with some of what i have already.
Sounds like a good deal brother