Sodium Loading/Depleation

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
This doesnt really fit into any catagories given so I thought this would be the closest to fitting the mold.

can someone tell me the process of sodium loading/depletion before a show. In NOT asking how it works. i know about Na/K pumps and how this process is so effective, I just need to know how to do it. And there isnt much on the internet about the process. I think it goes like this but I might be way off.

1 week out from show: Sodium Load. Salt on everything & about 2 gallons of water

3 Days out: Cut the salt/1-1.5 gallons of water and hit the sauna to sweat out excess water. (increase K (potasium) intake

1 Day out. Cut water and still no salt.

Am I close to getting this correct. this is huge. if someone who has done it or knows how to do it can explain their process that would be much apprieciated. thank you.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This doesnt really fit into any catagories given so I thought this would be the closest to fitting the mold.

can someone tell me the process of sodium loading/depletion before a show.
In NOT asking how it works. i know about Na/K pumps and how this process is so effective, I just need to know how to do it. And there isnt much on the internet about the process. I think it goes like this but I might be way off.

1 week out from show: Sodium Load. Salt on everything & about 2 gallons of water

3 Days out: Cut the salt/1-1.5 gallons of water and hit the sauna to sweat out excess water. (increase K (potasium) intake

1 Day out. Cut water and still no salt.

Am I close to getting this correct. this is huge. if someone who has done it or knows how to do it can explain their process that would be much apprieciated. thank you.
I have done this several times. I actually can't find the original plan that I followed, but these are a few articles that may help you:

Shredded in 6 Days

7 days to Ultimate Leanness

A Unique Combination of Science and Experienced Based Pre-Contest Advice

Remember that these are just guidelines, and that every time you do it you will get closer to finding out what works best for YOU (because you WILL have to manipulate things a little to best suit YOU re results).

~Rosie
Team APPNUT