can having sex 2 often hurt your gains

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
can having sex 2 often hurt your gains? i was wondering do to the change of test levels after 'releasing'.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i jack off 4 times a day and i'm still HUGE so no worries bro

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Been proven, test raises after sex, not so much from masturbation though.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I really wouldn't know as getting it too often has never been one of my "problems" per se. lol

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
holy **** my test levels must be through the roof!!! lol

Jay V 24

Jay V 24

Banned
Awards
If whacking it is wrong, i dont want to be right!

gymaddict20

gymaddict20

Awards
  • Established
I beat my sh*t and get laid all the time. I have noticed I do get a better workout if I get it about an hour before then gym. lol

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
not getting yourself satisfied may actually hinder your test, i believe it's after 7 days, my buddy had a minor case of gyno, his nipples were hurting after a ph cycle and he swears when he got laid or jerked off that the soreness went away

need4speed

Awards
no way

i jack off 4 times a day and i'm still HUGE so no worries bro
Wow that is a lot. Why not just have sex instead?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
no way

Wow that is a lot. Why not just have sex instead?
i'm too big for the average girl. I'm still looking though, maybe one day.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
What is with all these dumb ass posts like whether sex or masturbation hinders gains. WTF! Why would you even consider that question?

Does working out at different elevations affect my gains?

If it is raining out, will I have lower growth hormone?

Does wearing an Ed Hardy t-shirt while working out make me lift more?

There are some questions that should never be asked. They are inconsequential. Even IF sex and masturbation did affect gains, is there really a guy out there who could totally abstain from it?? We are programmed to do three things: eat, sleep, and have sex. All which are for the benefit of the survival of our species. We are here today because of those drives.

need4speed

Awards
Yes we are programmed to have sex, but are we programmed to masturbate? Is there any difference between these two?

I feel a lot better than when I have sex vs when I masturbate. Emotionally I feel amazing after sex. After masturbating I don't feel nearly as good I do not get that HIGH as I do from SEX. Which then makes me think Sex and Masturbating have a different effect on a hormonal level.

i'm too big for the average girl. I'm still looking though, maybe one day.
That's to bad.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
What is with all these dumb ass posts like whether sex or masturbation hinders gains. WTF! Why would you even consider that question?

Does working out at different elevations affect my gains?

If it is raining out, will I have lower growth hormone?

Does wearing an Ed Hardy t-shirt while working out make me lift more?

There are some questions that should never be asked. They are inconsequential. Even IF sex and masturbation did affect gains, is there really a guy out there who could totally abstain from it?? We are programmed to do three things: eat, sleep, and have sex. All which are for the benefit of the survival of our species. We are here today because of those drives.
Agreed. Though it could be a good way to get cardio in. To the op I would say worry about diet more. (I am not implying that your diet is bad, just that it will make a larger impact.)

gymaddict20

gymaddict20

Awards
  • Established
I must say sitting here reading this is cracking me up. This is beyond hilarious. I do like working out and walking around jacked out of my mind but seriously if jerking it or having sex reduced test levels I'd be a puny little worthless sh*t. lol

jrelectric

Awards
whacked it last night...and just had myself an awesome workout added 15 pounds to my preacher curls from last week....highly recommended hahah.... after a "release" you allow your body to sort of reboot your test levels which is sort of a natural way to create a spike effect.....also getting off isn't going to completely empty all ur testosterone simply because testosterone is not only stored in your balls.....

RavensFan2k3

Awards
it doesnt make sense for test to increase after orgasim, because prolactin increases after orgasim and that decreases testosterone.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
after a "release" you allow your body to sort of reboot your test levels which is sort of a natural way to create a spike effect.....also getting off isn't going to completely empty all ur testosterone simply because testosterone is not only stored in your balls.....
Classic genius :chairfall:

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Chupacabra

On topic:

Sex will increase your gains because you can spend more time in the gym since your lady is pleased.

If you didn't please your lady you wont be able to spend as much time in, and you will have to do some gay crap like bring flowers or watch a chick flick with her, so its a double edged sword.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
it doesnt make sense for test to increase after orgasim, because prolactin increases after orgasim and that decreases testosterone.
I thought dopamine was released after an orgasm, which would decrease prolactin levels. When you get off, you release a small amount of pretty much every hormone in your body and protein.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is also oxytocin.

I hate to break it to all of you but none of this is effecting your "gains", negatively or positively, in any way.

This pain, pleasure signal is taking place at the neurotransmitter level of the limbic and hypothalamic brain function and is detectable at a molecular level that is very unlikely to provide result in anything other than....chronic mental masturbation (punn intended).

Train hard, eat right, rest well and quit tossing off for goodness sake.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i wonder why this myth cums up alot??

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
a good Preworkout and NO booster before sex is the best way to get gains from sex.

RavensFan2k3

Awards
I thought dopamine was released after an orgasm, which would decrease prolactin levels. When you get off, you release a small amount of pretty much every hormone in your body and protein.
No, dopamine is increased during arousal or during sex itself, but prolactin skyrockets after orgasm. This is what causes you to not crave sex anymore for the time being after sex.