BF% for the infamous 8-pack

Mindless

Awards
It's time get this sorted out once and for all. THE 8-PACK!

Does it exist? Or is it just another urban myth?
Did photographers that do these famous before/after pics just invent it to show off their photoshop skills? :scratchchin:

I have a clear 6-Pack, but it doesn't matter how hard I flex my abdominal muscle group, I can't see an 8-Pack. :headache:

Also I have never seen anybody in real life that had an 8-Pack.

Around what BF% would you start seeing the 8-Pack (if it exists)?
How low do you have to go? And is it really worth it?

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
It's called genetics...
They do play a big role in how muscles will look

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Around what BF% would you start seeing the 8-Pack (if it exists)?
How low do you have to go? And is it really worth it?
Genetics will play a role in whether or not you will see an 8-pack. Your bodyfat will also play a role. As well as your midsection muscle development. How low your bodyfat has to be will depend on each individual (i.e. taller people will not have to have as low a body composition as a shorter person, etc.). And if it's something that people want, then that's up to each person as to whether they aim for it.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
go to bodyspace and look up nickedge, his ab workouts may help you find your 8 pack.

Mindless

Awards
Thx for all the input.

I really hoped someone would say, it's all bogus and that it doesn't exist.

No time to be lazy even though the holiday season approaches. :shock:

Though, I might be able to blame it on genetics...:slaphappy:

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
He doesn't have an 8 pack either. Or am i counting that wrong...?
maybe.
the bottom to could be deceiving because they are long and go down and wrap around, they arent gonna be as defined as the upper middle groups.

its also just genetics man. I can get to a six pack but probably will never see an 8 either, whereas ryan reynolds doesnt gain any fat and look

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
Yea Ryan Reynolds has a ****ing shredded stomach..
You can google his workout he actually discusses it and his diet..
Don't forget however that its his JOB to look like that: He dedicated 6 days a week WITHOUT CARDIO (beleive it or not) at 2-3 hours a day..
He said he did 500-1000 situps preworkout every day as well.. AND trained his lower abs with leg ups..
I've literally been trying to find the 8 pack as well without luck for the past few months..
Good luck man!

kimmy gibler

kimmy gibler

Awards
I would say genetics are big on this one and bf%. I have a pretty damn good midsection(IMO) and I can't remember that last time I did any direct stomach work.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I would say genetics are big on this one and bf%. I have a pretty damn good midsection(IMO) and I can't remember that last time I did any direct stomach work.
i agree....i rarely do ab work

xink

Awards
  • Established
Your name and avatar is f*cking hilarious.... haha

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
OP, can't u feel ur 8 pack? I've still got fairly high bodyfat 11 - 12%, so I can only really see 4. But I can feel my 8 pack mildly. but the extra 2 are a lot smaller than the others.

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
i have an 8 pack and i know 2 other people that have them also. alot of it is genetics but you also have to have a very low body fat%.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
You probably have to look like this guy too...
and have the same haircut

Attachments

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
^^^ LOL!! ^^^

Jaidmaster

Jaidmaster

Awards
According to some recent reading on this, most people train upper abs more than lower. If lower abs are underdeveloped, even at a low bf, they aren't going to be real apparent. Hanging leg lifts (pullup bar, or dip bar), with a nice pelvic tilt at the top, no swinging.

Please note that mine are covered at the moment, but I was just reading about this recently (always like to point out if it's based on actual experience or not).

Mindless

Awards
According to some recent reading on this, most people train upper abs more than lower. If lower abs are underdeveloped, even at a low bf, they aren't going to be real apparent. Hanging leg lifts (pullup bar, or dip bar), with a nice pelvic tilt at the top, no swinging.

Please note that mine are covered at the moment, but I was just reading about this recently (always like to point out if it's based on actual experience or not).
That might be the problem. Since I don't like the excercises you stated above, I didn't do them. This week I started doing some of these lower abs excercise and now I remember why I hate them...:laughing:

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
It exists for everyone at the right body fat level without any ab development. Unless your old and your muscle has atrophied a lot. The level at which it shows can vary per person. The shape of the muscles depends on genetics. That is how big or long the muscles are. You can do all the ab work you want every day, it will never get you a 6 or 8 pack. It's all about getting that body fat down.

Mindless

Awards
It exists for everyone at the right body fat level without any ab development. Unless your old and your muscle has atrophied a lot. The level at which it shows can vary per person. The shape of the muscles depends on genetics. That is how big or long the muscles are. You can do all the ab work you want every day, it will never get you a 6 or 8 pack. It's all about getting that body fat down.
i already have the 6 pack and now i'll go for the 8 pack...so we'll see about that never. :)

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
i already have the 6 pack and now i'll go for the 8 pack...so we'll see about that never. :)
Do you know where your body fat level is at?

Mindless

Awards
Do you know where your body fat level is at?
Due to the unaccurate reading I get from my LAG (Look And Guess) Method, I'd guess something around 8%BF(+/-1.5%). Also due to the lack of time of time I spend on this board posting(,instead of working out), my post count is too low to post a pic, ergo no verification.

If I assume that my assumptions are correct, I'll have to assume that my BF% should be around 4-5%BF. Am I assuming right?

xink

Awards
  • Established
I'm measured at ~6% and can barely see my two lower abbs... Top four are f*cking easy to get, it's the lower ones that require real effort!

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
that may just depend on genetics.

some people can have visible abs even while gaining fat on a bulk....while others put on once out of fat and their abs are gone...

everyones are going to look different and show up visibly different

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Due to the unaccurate reading I get from my LAG (Look And Guess) Method, I'd guess something around 8%BF(+/-1.5%). Also due to the lack of time of time I spend on this board posting(,instead of working out), my post count is too low to post a pic, ergo no verification.

If I assume that my assumptions are correct, I'll have to assume that my BF% should be around 4-5%BF. Am I assuming right?
Doubt it, The look and guess method is only fairly accurate after having seen yourself at different body fat levels many times before. 4-5% is very low. Your getting to competition level there. If you don't see your 8-pack you probably never will. I'd get some calipers and get a friend to measure you.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have no problem getting my lower ab "v" to pop out...

in college, I had a buddy who pointed me toward straight leg raises on a slant board. The first time I did them correctly, I pretty much fell off the board after 6 or 7 slow reps. I found that I could make my lower abs grow with these, and therefore, when bf gets close to 10%, 8 pack pops out.

I'm gonna lean toward the side that says its not genetics, you just have to force the bottom 2 to grow. Something like the handful of people that have great posterior delts :laugh:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DK0313 Natural Bodybuilding 0
DK0313 Nutrition / Health 0
DK0313 Nutrition / Health 19
DK0313 Weight Loss 4
yachtson Bulking 6