Soreness after every workout?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.5%

Soreness after every workout?

I almost always feel sore after my leg workouts. I rarely if ever get sore for my upper body workouts. Should I be training harder or doing heavier weights? Maybe I should switch the routine? Oddly enough i kind of like the sore muscles after a hard workout. I am doing 4 sets of a couple of excercies for each muscle group i.e. tri's, bi's, chest, shoulders and after completing the 4 sets I am too fatigued to do more, which would suggest I am doing it correctly as I thought at the end of your workout you should be too tired to do any more. Do most people feel sore after working out?

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.84%

I use soreness to judge the quality of a workout sometimes. My chest will almost always be sore however, but my delts will almost never get sore. So, maybe your legs are just that way. Try adding in some intensifiers such as drop sets, or forced reps to see if the soreness in your upper body comes back.

Silly question but you aren't lifting legs when they are sore are you? Also stretching will help tremendously with being sore, especially in the legs area.
  3. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by protempsfish View Post
    I almost always feel sore after my leg workouts. I rarely if ever get sore for my upper body workouts. Should I be training harder or doing heavier weights? Maybe I should switch the routine? Oddly enough i kind of like the sore muscles after a hard workout. I am doing 4 sets of a couple of excercies for each muscle group i.e. tri's, bi's, chest, shoulders and after completing the 4 sets I am too fatigued to do more, which would suggest I am doing it correctly as I thought at the end of your workout you should be too tired to do any more. Do most people feel sore after working out?
    DOMS is normal and expected after training and can start anywhere from 2-4 days post-session and last for as long as a week. Beginners usually experience it as a result of doing unfamiliar exercise/s and it decreases gradually. Experienced lifters may experience it after a break, or when they change their training around a little or lift heavier. You don't have to be too fatigued to do any more to have made it a decent session or to say that you are training correctly; DOMS is no indicator of the quality of a session.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.5%

Ok good. Thanks country and Rosie. I wait one week after doing each set (except for bi's and abs as I read they are ok to do 2x/week) Tues are chest, abs,tri's bi's, Wed are leg days and Sat are shoulders, abs,and bi's again. When it is time to do legs again they are no longer sore. I just added more weight on my squats and therefore I guess my legs are still adjusting to the increase.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Next day leg soreness
    By Abaddon75 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 10:17 PM
  2. soreness on aas
    By bb4life in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 11:32 PM
  3. SORENESS AND GAIN
    By donnywarchild in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5