Training Every Day?

SamuraiSid

Awards
Im wondering about the pro's (if any) and con's of training the same lifts day in, day out?

I underatand from a scientific standpoint your muscles need rest to grow, and that if you can lift every single day, maybe your not lifting enough. But at the same time I recall having some very labour intesnive jobs, in which Id be physically exhausted at the end of the day... But Id have to go back the next morning and do it all over again. After three weeks Id start getting used to it. So why not the same in weight lifting?

Its my underatanding that some top MMA athletes do "weight training" every single day for weeks before taking a break.

Also I read an article a long time ago about a specific form of Russian Training, in which they would lift for 21 days straight, then take a week off.

Please keep in mind that my goals are not neccisarily(sp) to gain size.

The routine Im using as an example is as follows:

Clean and Press, 12-15rep weight, as many sets as needed to reach 100reps.
Push-ups, as many sets as needed to reach 200 sets.
Chins, as many sets as needed to reach 100 reps
Body weight Squats, as many sets as needed to reach 200 reps.
Crunches, as many sets as needed to reach 200 reps.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
200 crunches and bodyweight squats isnt really hard. u should be good to go for 7 days a week. Same with chins and push ups... idk if u will be able to do clean and press 7 days a week tho

SamuraiSid

Awards
Those numbers are meant to be more of an example than anything else.

Im mainly curious what western kinesiology says about whole body training 6-7 days per week

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Those numbers are meant to be more of an example than anything else.

Im mainly curious what western kinesiology says about whole body training 6-7 days per week
Training Full-Body 6-7 days a week is FAR from ideal. Although, looking at the exercises you have given, and the fact that you do them only at bodyweight, I would still recommend at least 1-2 days recovery between each session, as otherwise you are NOT giving your muscles ENOUGH time to recover and will therefore hinder your progress in the long-term.

And when you mention athletes, you forget that they ARE athletes and are used to such training (if they train like that) and know their body, and will be doing EVERYthing possible to aid in their recovery.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT