two-a-days??

saafanco

Awards
hey guys i need help coming up with a two-a-day split as i plan on implementing this every other week, or every 2 wks. i plan on doing low intensity, high rep exercises in the AM, and high intensity low reps in the PM. i was hoping to see what splits worked for you, or what would you recommend, thanks...

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
Unless you have amazing genetics, I wouldn't recommend it. You'd see much better results doing short bouts of high intensity versus the ultra high demands of two-a-days.

This is my workout:
Mondays - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Tuesdays - Legs/Back/Biceps
Wednesdays - Off
Thursdays - Shoulders/Chest/Triceps
Fridays - Back/Biceps/Legs
** Abs are optional on any given day, depending on how I feel

I do relatively low volume per muscle group (about 8 total sets per larger muscle group, 8-10 for legs, 4 total sets for smaller muscles such as arms). So for chest, I may end up doing about 8 total working sets per workout for a total of 16 chest sets per week. Stick to mostly doing compound movements, working in some isolation work here and there. Each workout, hit each muscle group with at least a few sets of high intensity, heavy compound lifting (do at least one power set of 6 reps, or go lower on some days and go really heavy, or whatever). Most of my sets are in a 6-10 range, depending on what I'm doing. Rarely do any more than 12 reps, ever, for most of the conventional lifts.

If your goal is to increase your strength and mass, this may be the way to go. I usually don't workout for any more than 50 minutes or so.

Just don't do two-a-days!