Lunges...

1. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.32%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Lunges...

Yea, one of the most brutal leg exercises IMO. I hate them for a couple reasons.
    - I lose my pump. Now idea why or how but if i put them in the start or end of my workout i tend to lose my pump.

- They are exhausting.

Questions - Who does them effectively and retains a pump or gets a pump from them.
    Do you do high reps, 30+ steps(15 each) or keep em low at 20?
    Do you do walking or standing?

I want to try to put them in my WO for seperation of the quad and ham on the side so hit me with some ideas, techniques and such.

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.92%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    Yea, one of the most brutal leg exercises IMO. I hate them for a couple reasons.
    - I lose my pump. Now idea why or how but if i put them in the start or end of my workout i tend to lose my pump.

- They are exhausting.

Questions - Who does them effectively and retains a pump or gets a pump from them.
    Do you do high reps, 30+ steps(15 each) or keep em low at 20?
    Do you do walking or standing?

I want to try to put them in my WO for seperation of the quad and ham on the side so hit me with some ideas, techniques and such.
    When I used to do Legs I did lunges. I don't know that I can say I got a "pump" per se, but I DID feel them stretch in my hamstrings and glutes (I always used LONG stride, since I DON'T want to do any work specifically for my quadriceps, as they are far too big already).

Depending on the weight used, I did between 12-30 reps in total (the heavier the weight, the lower the reps), alternating legs, standing.

I did them using both DB and BB: DB Backward Lunges, and BB Forward Lunges (onto a box).

I personally found that Alternate Backward DB Lunges worked best for me re muscle separation and definition. However, you really need to just experiment and see what works best for YOU. And there may be an even better exercise to achieve what you want re muscle separation.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lunges
    By freefall365 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 11:08 PM
  2. Barbell Lunges.....
    By AnthonyIOSOS in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 04:27 PM
  3. Lunges for mass
    By Matt6969 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8