when to do cardio

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
from what i have read you are suppose to do 20mins 4x a week of cardo regardless of bulking or cutting. When is the best time to do this? pre? post workout?

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
so before you eat breakfast in the am. This is good on a bulk and cut?

also is it good ok to eat right after i get back? from a run lets say

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
from what i have read you are suppose to do 20mins 4x a week of cardo regardless of bulking or cutting. When is the best time to do this? pre? post workout?
You need to find out what works best for YOU re cardio and not use a general recommendation re how much how often, as everyone responds differently to different training protocols. It doesn't matter WHEN you do cardio: You can do it first thing, as a separate session nowhere near your resistance training, pre-weights, or post-weights; experiment a bit and see what gives you the best results. I wouldn't recommend cardio POST-weights though, as, unless you're eating enough, you're just going to become more catabolic.

during bulk and cut cycle?
This is entirely up to you.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
so before you eat breakfast in the am. This is good on a bulk and cut?

also is it good ok to eat right after i get back? from a run lets say
BCAAs or Leucine (+/- glutamine) will stop you going catabolic.

What I do is:

10g BCAAs pre
20g BCAAs sip intra (about 80%)
immediately post slam the last 20% to saturate your muscles

wait about 30min then have a protein/carb drink

wait another 30-60min for full meal (I prefer oats, whey, natty PB mixed - tastes damn good!)

You can do this on bulk or cut, it doesnt matter - it will crank your metabolism for the day. :cheers:

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
got ya thanks. many say dont do cardio while on a bulk at all. is this at all accurate?

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just dont overdo it. Maybe 30min 2-3x a week. Will keep your fitness up and fat gains in check. The key is to maintain your net cals in surplus.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
got ya thanks. many say dont do cardio while on a bulk at all. is this at all accurate?
You can if you are eating over and above what is necessary to make gains. really it it up to each individual what they do. Personally I do cardio 6-7 times a week for 20-30 minutes as MAINTENANCE, and continue to do so whether bulking or not (I just eat more if aiming for muscle gains).

~Rosie
Team APPNUT