left knee pain

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.8%

left knee pain

Ok I have had this left knee pain for about two weeks. Since the pain started, I quit doing squats and pretty much legs altogether except for calfs. I don't do hardly any cardio lately but do play basketball about twice a week with atleast 3 days between playing. I'm pretty sure the pain started because of doing squats. I started squating heavily during my m14e cycle, and tried to keep the weights up through pct(just finished today). Is this from going below parallel with the squats? Because I have been known to do that, but also I here a lot of people talking about "ass to grass" squats and going deep with them, so that encouraged me to take them down real low. What should I do? Take some other 'healing' supp, or just let it rest for a few weeks?

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.82%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by illgixxer View Post
    Ok I have had this left knee pain for about two weeks. Since the pain started, I quit doing squats and pretty much legs altogether except for calfs. I don't do hardly any cardio lately but do play basketball about twice a week with atleast 3 days between playing. I'm pretty sure the pain started because of doing squats. I started squating heavily during my m14e cycle, and tried to keep the weights up through pct(just finished today). Is this from going below parallel with the squats? Because I have been known to do that, but also I here a lot of people talking about "ass to grass" squats and going deep with them, so that encouraged me to take them down real low. What should I do? Take some other 'healing' supp, or just let it rest for a few weeks?

R.I.C.E

Rest
    Ice
    Compression
    Elevation

Can take some NSAIDS ie. motrin, tylenol etc and/or cissus etc as well. Go easy on the knees for a bit, slowly work back into your workouts.

It usually isn't the to parallel or below that causes the problem with squats, but other portions of posture, mainly how the weight is held inline. Kinda hard to really give tips on technique without good details or seeing it. Also, it's really hard to say what it is that is truly wrong with the knee without a detailed history and exam, but most likely it will be just fine, just follow the advice at top for now. If it persists or gets worse, get seen by a health care provider.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pain in right knee.
    By DerickVonD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 01:38 PM
  2. pain in knee
    By austink3417 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 11:43 PM