Weird chest popping/crackling

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.98%

Weird chest popping/crackling

Has any one ever had their chest pop while squatting? Not like a single loud pop. This was totally different.

The best way I can describe it, is that it felt (the sound was minimal but you could hear it if you really listen) like a roll of micro firecrackers was going off in/under my left pec.

I couldnt tell if it was in my pec muscle or underneath it.

I squat over a bench bec I don't have a spotter and everytime I'd come down and touch the bench about 8-10 little micro pops all across my left pec would go off.

Anyone have any Idea what this could be? I've googled it and all that comes up is like ribs adjusting in sternum/collar bone popping etc which I don't think either of those would feel like this. When it first happened I thought it was little blood vessels rupturing so I waited a few minutes to see If I could notice anything visually that would indicate that but it never did.

Any ideas?

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.5%

Quote Originally Posted by BigJack87 View Post
    Has any one ever had their chest pop while squatting? Not like a single loud pop. This was totally different.

The best way I can describe it, is that it felt (the sound was minimal but you could hear it if you really listen) like a roll of micro firecrackers was going off in/under my left pec.

I couldnt tell if it was in my pec muscle or underneath it.

I squat over a bench bec I don't have a spotter and everytime I'd come down and touch the bench about 8-10 little micro pops all across my left pec would go off.

Anyone have any Idea what this could be? I've googled it and all that comes up is like ribs adjusting in sternum/collar bone popping etc which I don't think either of those would feel like this. When it first happened I thought it was little blood vessels rupturing so I waited a few minutes to see If I could notice anything visually that would indicate that but it never did.

Any ideas?
    Yeh, I get that sometimes a day after doing chest. But usually when I sneeze

Similar Forum Threads

1. Chest popping: Anyone else have this problem?
    By RenegadeRows in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 07:10 AM
  2. Weird chest development
    By Distilled Water in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-29-2008, 05:16 PM
  3. Flat bench to the chest or couple inches above chest...
    By bbillcee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 06:30 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 06:51 PM
  5. Chest 2x a week to improve upper chest?
    By AldrichAStern in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-18-2006, 08:32 PM