need help with workout sched

allday54

Awards
I lift 5 days a week for 2.5 hrs. i dont realy have a steady routine i jus do upper body one day and lower body the next, not realy organized. need help woth making a muscle building routine

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Start with cutting about an hour each day from your lifting routine.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
2.5 hours means not enough intensity. Do u want a BB, Powerlifting routine? what type. let us know more we will get you going.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
1 hour tops. post your exact sets/reps
5 of 7 days is too much too.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5-days a week can be done, but is not what I'd recommend to a beginner. 2.5 hours, on the other hand, is way too freaking long. Geez, I get pissed when my workout goes longer than an hour!

BB is bodybuilding. If you want a powerlifting routine, Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 and/or Westside are a good place to start. You would lift 3-4 days a week for about an hour each time.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
yeah i would like a powerlifting routine, whats a BB?
ok if u want a powerlifting routine. just google up or check around here for routines.. now with PL you usually dont go above 5 reps in max effort. where do u feel strongest at 1 rep 3 rep or 5 rep ? based on that u can find a real good program

allday54

Awards
5-days a week can be done, but is not what I'd recommend to a beginner. 2.5 hours, on the other hand, is way too freaking long. Geez, I get pissed when my workout goes longer than an hour!

BB is bodybuilding. If you want a powerlifting routine, Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 and/or Westside are a good place to start. You would lift 3-4 days a week for about an hour each time.
ive been liftin on a regualr basis ever since it was introduced to me in 7th grade when i entered athletics. im not that much of a beginer. but in all the other things iam.lol. i got on here to get help cuz im missing alot of knowledge on alot of things that would help me get to where i want to be and beyond. if i dont lift for 2.5 hrs then i dont feel like i went far enough in my workout that day. i try to go until i feel my muscles to start failing. is that bad???? thanx for the help with the schedual where can i find these?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ive been liftin on a regualr basis ever since it was introduced to me in 7th grade when i entered athletics. im not that much of a beginer. but in all the other things iam.lol. i got on here to get help cuz im missing alot of knowledge on alot of things that would help me get to where i want to be and beyond. if i dont lift for 2.5 hrs then i dont feel like i went far enough in my workout that day. i try to go until i feel my muscles to start failing. is that bad???? thanx for the help with the schedual where can i find these?
If you can't lay out your own diet plan or workout routine you are a beginner. If you've been lifting since 7th grade but still cannot lift intensely enough that 2.5hr workouts are incomprehensible, you never progressed beyond being a beginner.

I started lifting in Jr. High too, but that doesn't mean I knew what the hell I was doing or how to be productive. Just going to the gym and moving stuff around doesn't make you an elite athlete. I'm not trying to be a ****. Everybody has to start somewhere and you are humble enough to admit that you don't know what to eat or how to layout your routines. Swallowing that ego, as you have already pretty much done, is one of the hardest things to do, and most beneficial, in weight-lifting.

As for the workout routines, it's called google man. :p Try "FTS 5/3/1" "Jim Wendler 5/3/1" "FTS Westside" "Louie Simmons Westside" and start reading. There are tons of info on various forums and the FTS website. It's awesome.