4daysplit/limited equipment

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
Sith machine with roughly 500 lbs (plenty for my outta shape ass)
Dumbells-5 to 50 pounders
1 treadmill with incline capabilities
1 adjustable bench -decline to 90 degrees
and I brought a preacher curl bar that i found in my attic .

I know I want a 4day split and will be hitting cardio for at least 30 min every day except sunday .

So for upper body days I've got :

dumbell/smith bench press w/variations such as de/incline close grip for tri's
push-ups w/variations
Skullcrushers w/preacher bar
overhead presses w/dbells or smith
curls w/dbells or p-bar - maybe alternate grips or direction of palms for variety
front/side raises w/dbells

lower body days :

squats w/variations
lunges with either smith or dumbells - not sure which is better -prob dumbs
calf raises regular and Ill get a 2x4 for some added range and for reverses

Thats about all I got so far .
Any suggestions on more exercises or variations or just whatevr ?

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
shoulder press for a mass builder for shoulders. and id also add Rows DB and Barbell rows outta the smith machine to get ur back

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
shoulder press for a mass builder for shoulders. and id also add Rows DB and Barbell rows outta the smith machine to get ur back
How the hell did I forget shoulder presses ?
Thanks though .
Any idea on lower body days ? I have so few movements compared to upper .
I'm not really looking to get huge so I might throw in some plyometrics and/or body weight exercises . My gym membership runs out soon(not like I was using it enough anyway) and we recently got some equipment at work so I figure I'll try and save money . If i'm working out here at work I think my motivation will be up and i'll be more consistent . It's nice brand new stuff , just not much of it .
All suggestions appreciated .

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
umm well i usually do basic stuff for legs Squats, Leg extentions, leg curls. calf rasies... Now u can do calf raises in the smith and squats. but id also do front squats too which will hit the quads really hard. use a wide stance in smith machine to hit hams and glutes.. Go heavy 2 x a week for legs.. Squat/calf Raise one day. Front Squat and calf raise another day.

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
umm well i usually do basic stuff for legs Squats, Leg extentions, leg curls. calf rasies... Now u can do calf raises in the smith and squats. but id also do front squats too which will hit the quads really hard. use a wide stance in smith machine to hit hams and glutes.. Go heavy 2 x a week for legs.. Squat/calf Raise one day. Front Squat and calf raise another day.
I like it . Thanks .