training on a fake leg - AnabolicMinds.com

training on a fake leg

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.

training on a fake leg

Ok dont laugh, I know it sounds crazy but is a reality. I am a firefighter and was severly injured in a line of duty and now a year later, amputation of my foot may be a reality. I was just wondering if anyone knows anyone that trains with a fake leg or foot. I just wondered if you can still do squats and such with a fake leg. I would definitely have quad muscle and a good part below the knee. just wondered

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

I trained with a kid for a while that had a the same situation, he box squatted with us and I believe deadlifted too but can't remember completely. It will take you some time to get use to but Im sure you can figure out how to make it work for you. On a side note there has been at least one well accomplished powerlifter that had a prosthetic leg.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sorry to intrude. But I was doing P90X and theirs a dude on there with a prostetic leg . Doing the workout full on. I dunno , inspiration to me though.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

I am coming across alot of people with prosthetics who push the limits and even do better than people with everything.

Its in the heart, not the body, that strength is found.

Hope things go well and you dont lose it. May a miracle and revitalization come to the afflicted areas of your body.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.

yeah I am hoping to keep it, doctors cant believe I have even been able to walk again so God is helping me. I was hit in the back and then driven over by a pickup truck by some old man rubber necking to see what was going on. Just a reminder guys keep your eyes open and slow down for people workin out on the road. We were wrapping things up from extricating a woman in a a car crash when it happened. A day I will never forget. I have p90x, actually got it the week of my accident but never got to try it. The guys at the fire house have been doing it I hear, so I will have to go by and check it out
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbeef View Post
    Ok dont laugh, I know it sounds crazy but is a reality. I am a firefighter and was severly injured in a line of duty and now a year later, amputation of my foot may be a reality. I was just wondering if anyone knows anyone that trains with a fake leg or foot. I just wondered if you can still do squats and such with a fake leg. I would definitely have quad muscle and a good part below the knee. just wondered
    Hey brother, as a military member myself i just wanted to thank you for what you do man, as long as you keep the fire burning inside something like this shouldnt hold you back. Keep training hard bro.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Fake personal training certificates ?
    By Markusrulezzz in forum General Chat
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 10:42 AM
  2. Got Fake D-bol, is my Eq & test Fake too???!!!!!
    By thelastimorta in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 11:47 PM
  3. Is my PH fake?
    By jiberish in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 11:36 PM
  4. Fake Nolvadex, Is this fake?
    By lewisfitness in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 05:42 PM
  5. fake sd