the 300's workout..what did you do?

the GUNSHOW

the GUNSHOW

Awards
  • Established
well today I did my 1st 300's workout is was hard! I did it in 34min
I dont know if that's good or not but it killed me.. so what time did you all get?/did you like it?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I think sub-20 minutes is where some of the guys in the movie got to. 34 minutes isn't bad at all though. Just doing the work is a chore in itself. The time is just icing on the cake. I think when I was doing it I was in the low 30s as well.

the GUNSHOW

the GUNSHOW

Awards
  • Established
well I really like this workout I think it will help me with my MMA..today I had my workout partner for this one and it was only my 2int time to do the 300's but I got it over with in 25min :) but for the life of me I cant beat him he got done in 24min but I dont feel bad
he is 6ft1" 198lb and a marine so I think I did good....by the end of the 10weeks I would like to be in the 20/19min range

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
You do realize that this was a one time "test" all the actors involved did, and wast meant to be done repeatedly over and over again, every time you w/o. Or are you just doing it every couple weeks or so, to mix things up and challenge yourself?

the GUNSHOW

the GUNSHOW

Awards
  • Established
no I did not know that, my trainer said we are doing it 2X a week 6 to 10 week I say 6 to 10 b/c we some times find some thing new to do before the workout is over. but we are going to be doing this 2X a week and on the other days we do other things.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
If you can do it w/o overtraining and see results, by all means, good luck.

But the original 300 w/o was simply a test that all the actors and I believe the guys who trained them as well, all completed at the end of the training, to gauge how far they have come, right before shooting the film. Much of their workout had to do with the power lifts, poly metrics, and strongman lifts, including bungee cord runs, tire flips, and that sort of stuff.

the GUNSHOW

the GUNSHOW

Awards
  • Established
hmmm I did not know that..but it is helping my MMA I can fight for a longer time now

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
Anybody got a link to the W/O?

I'm tempted to try it out.....I caught some of it on "the making of", but never knew there was an actual routine for us non-spartans to try :D

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
* 25 pull-ups
* 50 deadlifts at 135 pounds
* 50 push-ups
* 50 box jumps with a 24-inch box
* 50 "floor wipers" (a core and shoulders exercise at 135 pounds)
* 50 "clean and press" at 36 pounds (a weight-lifting exercise)
* 25 more pull-ups -- for a total of 300 reps

...that looks really easy? i dont feel like deviating from my powerlifting workouts because they work for me, but i just feel like i could whiz through all that without stopping.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
* 25 pull-ups
* 50 push-ups

...that looks really easy? i dont feel like deviating from my powerlifting workouts because they work for me, but i just feel like i could whiz through all that without stopping.
Well, it is supposed to be based on how fast you get all that done, without resting. It probably looks quite intimidating to "beginners," but I will agree it doesn't look that hard. But then again, the few people I know that have done it, simply b/c of the movie, were all individuals that were not experienced lifters.

the GUNSHOW

the GUNSHOW

Awards
  • Established
if you do it on your own time it's not that bad but you try to do it fast

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
i honestly feel like i could do that in under 12 minutes. i might try it tuesday and youtube it if its short

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
* 25 pull-ups
* 50 push-ups
I just got a stiffy

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I did it in higher 30's. Then puked. I won't do it again unless I take my time with it. D*mn lactic acid is a b*tch.

tstinson

Awards
Did it today for the first time, full weights that it recommends, in 24:42. Crossfit helps :) looking forward on improving my time. The deadlifts killed!

rab71

rab71

Awards
This is what I have done.

A1: Jump Squat
A2: Staggered Push Ups
A3: Alternating Spilt Jumps
A4: Explosive Push Ups
A5: Prison Squat
A6: Hindu Push Ups
A7: Kneeling Band Row
A8: Burpees
A9: Pull Ups
A10: Double Crunch

Sets: 1.

Repetitions: 30 repetitions for each exercise.

Weight/ Resistance: Bodyweight (BW).

FUN!!!:cheers:

tstinson

Awards
Did it today for the first time, full weights that it recommends, in 24:42. Crossfit helps :) looking forward on improving my time. The deadlifts killed!
Tryed the 300 workout for the second time exactly a week later see if my time improved;

First Attempt: 24:42
Second Attempt: 18:52
:dance:

RepThat21

RepThat21

Awards
  • Established
my first try at this i got 22 min and some change...havent tried it since.not really a good workout.like others mentioned,it was just a test to see where they were at physically

the GUNSHOW

the GUNSHOW

Awards
  • Established
well did not do it for 2 weeks did it today and got a 19:21 :) and my workout partner got 15:54 or something like that

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
Well, I was getting bored with my Tuesday morning cardio, and decided to give this little gym a try instead. I usually do HITT training on the elliptical and burn about 650 calories in 30 mins.

Honestly, I was not impressed with how hard this workout was, or the effects of it. I can honestly say I didn't burn near the calories or get half the effects I usually feel on the elliptical. Here is my rundown...I was in the 19 minute range. I just timed myself with our wall clock...started at 5:10am and finished at 5:29am.

25 pullups - did 1 set of 15, and 1 of 10. Less than a minute rest (EZ)
50 DL's @ 135 - did 2 sets of 25 (EZ)
50 push-ups - I did 50 straight with my feet on the bench, and hands on DB's
50 box jumps - 1 set 25, 1 set 15, 1 set 10
50 floor wipers - 5 sets of 10 (ouch, this one was tough!)
50 clean & press with 35 lb. DB - 1 set right arm 15, 1 set right arm 10, one set left arm 15, 1 set left are 10
25 pullups - did 1 set of 15, and 1 set of 10

Overall, everything was cake except those d@mn wipers...man, those were tough. I would say 50%+ of my time was spent getting those done. I am sure I could do everything else in under 10 minutes of those were removed. I guess I know where I need to work.

ofl0926

Awards
  • Established
i am deployed in the middle east and i did it in 18:41 and i was gassed

Jet

Awards
  • Established
The 300 workout is basically a CrossFit metabolic conditioning workout (since most of the movements are based on bodyweight.) Nothing special about it really. If you like that style of training, look into CrossFit.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
ill give this a whirl today, seems simple

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
With the light weights i would count this workout as Cardio for myself lol.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
I just did this today for the first time. It took 16 minutes. I could probably shave a few minutes off of that if I felt particularly masochistic that day.

drvinnybombat

Awards
I'll tell you the truth, the 300 is a bit of an illusion. When I'm in full blown CrossFit mode I can get near 20 min because Crossfit is very pull-up/plyometric leg centric in general. We do pull-ups / Box Jumps and the like in a workout about 30 times for every bench press. I'm really more "prepared" than "in shape." When you do another workout style, the 300 lb bench and 5:30 mile are not represented in this workouts.

I've always though the "Fran" and the real CrossFit benchmarks are better because a super athletic, non CrossFitter would kick my ass regardless. Also, if you really want to do a workout that will make you throw up, try any CrossFit workout with a guy's name instead of a woman's name.

If I lost anyone here, Gym Jones is where the 300 workout emerged, and though they have cut ties, they are essentially a CrossFit affiliate and follow 90% of the same ideas.

drvinnybombat

Awards
Also, just so you know, CrosFit and Gym Jones have hard standards for exercises.

Pull-ups are neck over the bar, and locking the elbow at the bottom. You can swing though.

Clean & Press touches the ground and is ideally done with a kettle bell.

Push-ups are chest on floor, lock the elbows at the top.

You need to stand up straight on to of the box on the jumps.

Floor wipers are heels on floor, left and fully over the bar, heels on or near floor, right and fully over the bar, and thats one.

Generally, the only thing that people do correctly according to this standard is the deads. Doing this routine how they want you to can add 30 minutes to your time...I s### you not.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
My pull-up form was a little iffy on the final set, buteverything else, I'd be really surprised if my form was off. I'm a cardio machine.