First PH Run in NOV..NEED workout advice!!

W

wolfe14

Awards
  • Established
Ok so my first run will be a 4-5 week EPISTANE cycle at 20/30/30/40/40

My usual routine is to train 1 muscle group hard once a week like the following:

mon = chest

Tues = Tri's

wed = OFF ( says my fiance' )

thurs = Bi's

fri = shoulders

Sat = back

sun = legs

Now when i start my cycle I was entertaining the idea of possibly a diff routine but wanted some expert advice and opinions..

What about a 4 day split?
Mon = (upper body)
Bench press/ 4 sets/ 6-8 reps
bent over rows/ 4 sets/ 6-8
dumbell shoulder press/ 3 sets/ 10-12
bicep curl/ 3 sets/ 10-12
rope triceps pull downs/ 3 sets/ 10-12

Tues = (lower body)
front squat/ 4 sets/ 6-8
deadlift/ 4 sets/ 6-8
lunges or leg press/ 3 sets/ 6-8
hamstring curl/ 3 sets/ 10-12
standing calf raise/ 3 sets/ 10-12

Wed = OFF

Thurs = Cardio and abs

Friday = Upper body
Incline bench/ 4 sets/ 6-8
lat pull downs/ 4 sets/6-8
barbell shoulder press/ 4 sets/10-12
front laterals/ 3 sets/10-12
dips/ 3 sets/ 10-12

Sat = (lower body)
back squat/ 4 sets/6-8
stiff leg deads/ 4 sets/6-8
lunges/3 sets/ 10-12
ham curls/3 sets/10-12
seated calf raise/3 sets/10-12

sun = Cardio & abs

Sorry to write so much but what do you guys think would be a great training routine to put on some hard muscle and maximize my gains on this cycle??
Im open to any new suggestions as well..OR do you think my current routine will work better??

Thanks alot

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
I can't see how you can have an effective workout when you only work a single muscle group like the triceps or biceps.

You should post your current routine for comparison.

The upper/lower split would probably be better though (natural or on cycle). It does need a bit more back work. And the front/lateral raises probably aren't the best way to use your time on Thursday.

W

wolfe14

Awards
  • Established
I can't see how you can have an effective workout when you only work a single muscle group like the triceps or biceps.

You should post your current routine for comparison.

The upper/lower split would probably be better though (natural or on cycle). It does need a bit more back work. And the front/lateral raises probably aren't the best way to use your time on Thursday.
My current workout i posted in my opener...I work 1 muscle group a day...i hit it pretty hard usually 3-4 exercises each..Starting each muscle group with a heavy compound exercise..example if i were doing bi"s then the first exercise will be barbell curls, Tri's usually skullys or close grip etc...And the same for every muscle..

i guess what im looking for is some help putting together the best 8 week routine to use doing my cycle to get the ABSOLUTE most from it..I have been researching and there are TONSSS of workouts that come highly regarded but wanted to hear some opinions from you all on AM..I will be starting NOV 1st and want to get it all together now..

Thanks alot if you can help me.

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
You really need to figure out what works for you before starting the cycle instead of risking trying a new routine that may or may not be effective for you. If you are happy with the results of your current routine then I don't see a reason to change it, but it doesn't necessarily look like the most effective split. What other splits have you had success with?

W

wolfe14

Awards
  • Established
Ive never done a split. that is why i was asking. Maybe I worded my first post incorrectly...My usual workout is like i posted, I work out 5-6 days a week in the pm usually around 8:00pm and i train 1 muscle group a night..with 3-4 exercises per muscle group...if i have time and my girl isn't b*tching then I throw in 20-30 min of cardio

I just want to pack on some serious F'in muscle with this cycle and want some advice on which training routines ppl have the most success with for obtaining those types of goals.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
why not:

monday: chest/tris
tueday:legs, squats
wednesday: off
thursday:shoulders, millitary press and raises +abs
friday:back/biceps
OFF on sat and sunday

You need 3 days a week off in my opinion. Recovery time is more important than the workout if you ask me.

I have no idea why you are spending whole days on single muscle. Curls and skull crushers aren't really considered compounds.

You need to be doing bench press, then dumbell flys, then super-heavy dips, then incline presses, etc....then finish the end of a workout with the iso's.

Spending a day on biceps is a complete waste of time. You biceps are so tiny that they only need a few sets....however they can recover fast so you could hit them twice a week as long as its a short burst. Spending a whole day on biceps is always overtraining.

You need to be doing a solid routine for about 3 months and plateau on it before hitting the steroids.

W

wolfe14

Awards
  • Established
why not:

monday: chest/tris
tueday:legs, squats
wednesday: off
thursday:shoulders, millitary press and raises +abs
friday:back/biceps
OFF on sat and sunday

You need 3 days a week off in my opinion. Recovery time is more important than the workout if you ask me.

I have no idea why you are spending whole days on single muscle. Curls and skull crushers aren't really considered compounds.

You need to be doing bench press, then dumbell flys, then super-heavy dips, then incline presses, etc....then finish the end of a workout with the iso's.

Spending a day on biceps is a complete waste of time. You biceps are so tiny that they only need a few sets....however they can recover fast so you could hit them twice a week as long as its a short burst. Spending a whole day on biceps is always overtraining.

You need to be doing a solid routine for about 3 months and plateau on it before hitting the steroids.
Thanks for the advice!