Popping knees on deep squat??

Awards
anyone know if this is a problem? I do deep squats, the whole way down into the balled-up shape, but when i get close to the bottom, my knees make a popping noise, simultaneously. it doesnt hurt or anything, they just pop those. Its not really the same noise as cracking your fingers or neck, or even knees (i do that sometimes) its literally a popping noise. Thanks in advance

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
anyone know if this is a problem? I do deep squats, the whole way down into the balled-up shape, but when i get close to the bottom, my knees make a popping noise, simultaneously. it doesnt hurt or anything, they just pop those. Its not really the same noise as cracking your fingers or neck, or even knees (i do that sometimes) its literally a popping noise. Thanks in advance
I have the exact same feeling on ATG squats . I can hear and feel them pop , particularly my left knee but there is no associated pain . I am not a doctor by any means and a doc would be the safest route but I actually asked my doctor last time I was in for a physical about the popping specifically because I wanted to start a workout program and he told me that if there is no pain or uncomfortable feeling then not to worry . He even said his knees do the same thing .

ripnlean

ripnlean

Better Body Sports
Awards
when you bend your knees the joints tend to touch each other and that's why you hear the popping. I had an ACL reconstruction surgery and if it doesn't hurt I don't worry about it:D

seanlambo

seanlambo

Awards
man my knees pop everytime i stand up pretty much no pain, but it worries me sometime idk

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
My knees popped for 6 yrs with no pain, then crunched for 6 yrs with no pain. One day they sarted burning like crazy. Since then I've been diagnosed with 'runners knee'. Also severe case of it.
Needless to say, my heavy squatting days are done. They were done anyway due to my back but now it's official.
I can manage tthe back pain (partial rupture L5) but my knee is awfully hard to self manage.

I'm prbably looking at surgery in the next 12 months.

I'd stay on the issue until you find out 100 percent.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
hardknock, that scares me. mine skipped the the popping phase and went straight to the crunching. if i sit in a chair and like extend then let my leg retract, i can feel crunchies all in it. my cousin, who is a chiro, said it was loose cartilage from squats and deads and the only cure was to get it cleaned out surgically. it hurts all the time and when i stand too long at work. they also pop out of the socket when i raise my knee high like im taking off my pants. PITA!!! im only 21 too...

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
hardknock, that scares me. mine skipped the the popping phase and went straight to the crunching. if i sit in a chair and like extend then let my leg retract, i can feel crunchies all in it. my cousin, who is a chiro, said it was loose cartilage from squats and deads and the only cure was to get it cleaned out surgically. it hurts all the time and when i stand too long at work. they also pop out of the socket when i raise my knee high like im taking off my pants. PITA!!! im only 21 too...
The thing is that some people really DO NOT KNOW how much their alignment is out of whack. A slight change in spine alignment or hip alignment could cause your knees to track off for years until it results in something like my condition.

They took a video xray of my knees when they bend, and when they slowed it down in "super" slow motion, you could see my right knee tracking off to the right. It's been that way for over 12 years and I never knew it....I did know that I had spine alignment issues, slightly, but never thought about how it affects the knees.

gymdevil25

gymdevil25

Awards
Your gate can also be the issue. I have horrible knees crunching sound, pain, and inflammation. However, 2 years ago I got my feet checked out and was diagnosed as an overpronator...flat feet. Received orthotics and they have really helped me out.